Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Rolthisbeger to play this week in Baltimore?

No idea if Ben will play, but if I'm Tomlin I sit him for at least another week.

Consider: even if the Steelers lose to the Ravens, they're in good shape for a wild card spot. In truth, their December game against Cincy is likely to be more important (to them) than the one against the Ravens. If Pittsburgh beats Cincy they'll pretty much lock up 2nd place in the AFCN. I'm convinced 10-6 will get them a wild card, and maybe even 9-7. Apart from Indy and Cincy, the AFC wild card "contestants" look pretty weak. Why bring back Ben too soon when their chance at a division title is so slim? They should be thinking strategically.

But that's just me. Maybe they'll play Ben after all Sunday. And then if we beat them again Steeler fans will be calling for Tomlin's head.

I hope he does play. Regardless if does or doesn't, naysayers will blame his performance on the injury. We're at home and can beat them either way; so Ben can tape himself up and bring it on!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    ...Consider: even if the Steelers lose to the Ravens, they're in good shape for a wild card spot. In truth, their December game against Cincy is likely to be more important (to them) than the one against the Ravens. ...They should be thinking strategically...
    I agree. They still have 2 AFCN games to play after our next game against them.

IMO, they need to be looking long term - wild card/end of season playoff potential as best case scenario. That - or rushing their QB back just because of a rivalry?

After seeing us sack Rivers all day yesterday, and the Steelers having a similar porous OL, they have to be concerned about Ben getting blown up and further injured.

Win but at what cost? It's not like we are not going to go after him if he plays. If he plays he is getting hit.

Blog Entries

I am torn between GOTA's thought and Trailhiker85's thought on the matter. If they want any shot at making the playoffs, Ben needs to go. It really needs to be all hands on deck for this game. They are already in a bad spot, because all five of their losses are in-conference. They'll lose any wildcard tiebreaker out there. On the other hand, the other wildcard contenders look so weak, that their game against the Bengals might be even more important. Then again, who knows what the Bengals will do going forward?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I am torn between GOTA's thought and Trailhiker85's thought on the matter. If they want any shot at making the playoffs, Ben needs to go. It really needs to be all hands on deck for this game. They are already in a bad spot, because all five of their losses are in-conference. They'll lose any wildcard tiebreaker out there. On the other hand, the other wildcard contenders look so weak, that their game against the Bengals might be even more important. Then again, who knows what the Bengals will do going forward?
    Granted the Steelers' tiebreaker situation will be bad, but that's only an issue if they're tied with another Conference contender from a win-loss standpoint. Looking at the teams "in the hunt" (apart from the division leaders), Indy and Cincy are the only ones I'd say have a good shot at finishing over .500. As for the others ...SD is in a death spiral, Miami has a tough schedule (SF plus NE twice), and the NY Jesters ...well, even if you can manage to take them seriously, that's the one team the Steelers DO have a tiebreaker over by virtue of beating them earlier this year. Then there's the Titans, but they still have Houston and Green Bay on their schedule.

Looking at all this, I'd say the Steelers' single biggest remaining game is against Cincy at the Ketchup Bowl. I could easily envision Pitt getting No. 6 seed with a 9-7 record provided they were to beat Cincy.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 11-26-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Bet they wait to see what the Bengals do in the early game. Doubt he plays, but sure hope he does behind that awful and now even more injured oline.

IF the doctors medically clear him to play then Ben is fair game. I take more satisfaction in beating the steelers with Ben under center.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    IF the fair game. I take more satisfaction in beating the steelers with Ben under center.
    Me too. However I think the steelers woul be idiots to play him unless he is 100 percent. Their line is a mess, and really at this point they are playing for a wildcard, which is well in their reach. Get Ben healthy and they are a very dangerous wildcard team.

Blog Entries

I don't care if BR plays or not. I think the Ravens will take care of business on Sunday regardless. The Ravens play much better at home and the Steelers are banged up. If BR starts that game, he is going to get hit early and often to the point where I doubt that he will be able to finish the game.

I hope he does play. I don't care if it's Bradshaw in his prime is under center, Shittsburgh is not winning this game. In Baltimore? Please.

Ravens hang over 30 on them at the Vault this Sunday and they score no more than 13 - doesn't matter who their QB is.

Blog Entries

Not going to take them lightly if Ben plays. If he doesn't, they have no shot with Batch or Hoyer playing. If he does, I'll just say I'm glad that this isn't as critical a Ravens/Steelers game as they have all been over the past four years and a loss doesn't doom the Ravens...not that I think they'll lose.

Blog Entries

Here is the problem. They are at six wins now. Even if Ben is healthy for them to beat Cincinnati, that puts them at seven. However, if I am not mistaken, that's their second to last game of the season. Even if they pull off their finale, that's only eight. Where's the win in between now and then going to come from with their offense?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore