Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Could the Ravens-Redskins game get flexed?

Thinking ahead to the week after:

The current sunday night game for that week is Lions-Packers. If the Lions lose to the Colts this week, they're totally dead and buried.

That would leave either Saints @ Giants or Ravens @ Redskins. The Saints could well lose at Atlanta which would likely leave their wildcard aspirations dead in the water and the Redskins have a punching chance against the Giants (typically if the Bad Giants show up). That means the Ravens could well be flexed for another Sunday Night game (they've had only two this year, so well within rights to be moved to another). Particularly because the alternative would mean the Giants' sixth primetime game and third in a row if they get flexed to it.

Thinking further ahead, it's quite possible that the Ravens will host the Giants on SNF - that game is currently the Chargers at Jets (which clearly NBC will change from). That has a bit more competition though, including Bengals @ Steelers, 49ers @ Seahawks, Saints @ Cowboys. That said, it's possible that Fox may have barred that flexing if they've 'locked' that game for themselves.

Thoughts?

Re: Could the Ravens-Redskins game get flexed?

I believe the NFL has to give 12 days notice? If so that means a decision would have to come either today or tomorrow?

Blog Entries

If I was NBC that would be the game I would want. RGIII is a huge draw. Most of the nation hates the Ravens. They'd love to see RGIII try to do to us what he did to the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I believe the NFL has to give 12 days notice? If so that means a decision would have to come either today or tomorrow?
    True, was trying to find what the deadline was. Still, the Lions are the Packers' bitch. Seeing RG3 vs the Ravens' D would be tempting for NBC. Guess we'll see soon enough.

I personally would rather 1pm game, but as long as we win, it could be 3am in the morning start for all I care. Just to throw up the possibility.

Blog Entries

Lions Packers is still a good watch because of the high powered offenses. The Ravens could have a division berth locked up and the Ravens on the road is not a great draw, we are boring.

I'm betting the game that gets flexed is the us vs the Broncos. But it will get flexed to 4:15 PM, not Sunday night.

IT was posted someplace that the game vs the Giants was protected by FOX meaning it cant be moved to SNF.

I dont think the broncos game moves to SNF as the current game is SF at NE while SF and NE may have their divisions locked up by then CBS would be pissed to lose this game as this is their only good game that week and FOX would get SF at NE. It will be moved to 4 though.

I can totally see the Ravens at Redskins getting flexed but the decision has to come tomorrow. plus it will be like a home game as the team will "travel" to landover the day of the game and probably stay at the same hotel as if it were a home game and some players will stay home as if it were a home game. also there will be more purple than burgandy

Blog Entries

Wouldn't mind it since ticket prices would probably go down with a time change. I want to go but tickets right now are still way too high for me to spend money on this time of year, especially with our impending playoff ticket invoice.

Really though, I think it's more likely that the game against the Giants is moved, if it's not protected. As mentioned, NBC will clearly not keep the Jets/Chargers game that night. The Packers are a national draw and the Lions have been competitive. Going from past history I think it's their preference not to move a game unless it's a total dud, which Packers/Lions isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Wouldn't mind it since ticket prices would probably go down with a time change. I want to go but tickets right now are still way too high for me to spend money on this time of year, especially with our impending playoff ticket invoice.

Really though, I think it's more likely that the game against the Giants is moved, if it's not protected. As mentioned, NBC will clearly not keep the Jets/Chargers game that night. The Packers are a national draw and the Lions have been competitive. Going from past history I think it's their preference not to move a game unless it's a total dud, which Packers/Lions isn't.
    I'm going with NO. The NBC game is all about ratings. Skins-Ravens would be a complete dud in a lot of markets. I'm guessing that NBC will take their lumps that week. The schedule sucks with the exception of the big score for ESPN getting the HOU-NE Monday nighter..

Games for weeks 15 and 16 are not changing. I'm all for keeping the current times for the Ravens on Sunday afternoon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ay-night-games

Blog Entries

The NYG@BAL is the one to watch for to be flexed now. NYG keeps the NY market replacing the Jets and the Ravens are a bigger draw than the Chargers. Plus, it's a game between two playoff teams.

Add in that Fox has Saints/Cowboys at 1:00 that day and the Giants/Ravens game will probably not be protected so it'll be a game NBC could grab.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I'm betting the game that gets flexed is the us vs the Broncos. But it will get flexed to 4:15 PM, not Sunday night.
    I agree with this. They will get Denver out of the 1pm time slot for sure. That hurts the Ravens a bit in this matchup. They wont take GB out of primtime, I highly doubt that even if they were playing Cleveland.