View RSS Feed

Dirt1

How the Eagles are proving the Ravens need to open their wallets for a star wide receiver

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
Agreed, but all of those teams have other viable options in the passing game, and they have much better overall passing schemes. I am saying that I don't understand why it is so critical for the Ravens to have proven depth at some positions, but not at the WR position. I am not asking for Justin Jefferson to be added to the roster, just another WR the caliber of Bateman and Duvernay. If the Ravens hadn't traded Marquise, they wouldn't have needed another WR, but they did trade him, and didn't replace him with someone who wasn't a JAG.
Show me the WRs available that are equivalent to Duvernay and Bateman. DJ Moore is the only name I'm seeing, and he'll probably command a 1st round pick or a 2nd and a 4th. We'd also have to let some people go because of his salary cap.

I disagree strongly that KC has other viable passing options better than Duvernay and Bateman. Buffalo really only has Davis after Diggs. Cincy has a good fleet of receivers, but they revolve around Chase.

I agree with you that I'm tired of seeing them concentrate way too much on secondary, but I don't want to see them do something similar with WRs. I'd like to see a better #3 over Robinson, but I also think Proche will eventually be that guy this year.
All I have asked for is a better #3 WR than Robinson, and an increase in the passing volume overall to the WRs. I know people on this board love Proche, but he has a grand total of 1 reception through the first five games. Robinson and Wallace are being targeted more than him. If the Ravens thought he was that good, then wouldn't they give him more targets?

Submit "How the Eagles are proving the Ravens need to open their wallets for a star wide receiver" to Digg Submit "How the Eagles are proving the Ravens need to open their wallets for a star wide receiver" to del.icio.us Submit "How the Eagles are proving the Ravens need to open their wallets for a star wide receiver" to StumbleUpon Submit "How the Eagles are proving the Ravens need to open their wallets for a star wide receiver" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Link To Mobile Site