Blog Comments

I think if the Browns keep the 4th pick (they could trade for more), they will either go Richardson or Tannehill, with Blackmon being a 3rd option. They have to score points in this conference.
    Hill could make sense for the Steelers. I do however think its more likely they try to find a guy they like in rounds 2-5 who has upside (kinda like they did with Wallace, Sanders and Brown) and address other needs with that first pick. I guess they could go WR if the right guy is there but based on their past history and the amount of depth they need to address with this draft, I would bet against them taking the WR in round 1 at least.

Oh yea and I have faith the Browns will screw this completely up and take a player not named Richardson or Claibourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo
    I agree that having Hill's speed would be better. The more I think about it, the more I could see the Steelers taking a WR in round 1. Kendall Wright, Stephen Hill, or even Alshon Jeffery. Unless a top rated OL'man or corner fall, I think they could go WR. Roethlisberger's worked with a crappy OL for so many years now, why not 1 more season?
    Agreed, and tbh Hill makes a lot of sense for the Steelers, I know that they are likely to lose Wallace in 2013, but having a year trying to defend them both going deep could be daunting for us. And then your not losing much when Wallace leaves depending on how Hill develops, especially when you have Sanders and Brown on the team still.
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast
    I don't see the Browns drafting Richardson fourth overall I think your right about that. I just hope the Steelers don't draft Hill, he would be a better fit for our offense than Alshon, imagine Torrey Smith and Stephen Hill going deep, that is just plain scary for any team.

I agree that having Hill's speed would be better. The more I think about it, the more I could see the Steelers taking a WR in round 1. Kendall Wright, Stephen Hill, or even Alshon Jeffery. Unless a top rated OL'man or corner fall, I think they could go WR. Roethlisberger's worked with a crappy OL for so many years now, why not 1 more season?
    I don't see the Browns drafting Richardson fourth overall I think your right about that. I just hope the Steelers don't draft Hill, he would be a better fit for our offense than Alshon, imagine Torrey Smith and Stephen Hill going deep, that is just plain scary for any team.
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast
    I can only dream of getting Reiff or J Martin.

Me too man.

I know Ozzie doesn't like giving up draft picks, but they're always going to be looking at guys who will likely make better RT's instead of LT's until they are picking in the top 15 and that would mean a mediocre/losing season, which you certainly don't want either.
    I can only dream of getting Reiff or J Martin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl1tz
    WS, excellent write up. There really is a trend sadly, with obviously more misses late then early (with reid set to break the cycle ). Maybe if cordys available late we take a chance at eventually moving him

Would you class Oher in the same boat as say a Jason Smith? And by that boat, I mean floating garbage

If I really broke it down...like 1.0-1.9, etc etc etc, I would put Jason Smith at like 2.0 and Oher at 2.5. The difference is Oher is tough and very durable. Jason Smith is a ninny. I wish Oher would have been moved to guard a few years ago because I truly 100% feel in my heart of hearts that he would make a hell of a guard.
    Thanks Kyle!

I actually think that this is a good draft to try and trade up for Jon Martin or Riley Reiff. I know it would cost a lot, but IMO it's worth the risk because if one of those two is even an average to slightly above average at left tackle, then it's worth it in the long run.
    WS, excellent write up. There really is a trend sadly, with obviously more misses late then early (with reid set to break the cycle ). Maybe if cordys available late we take a chance at eventually moving him

Would you class Oher in the same boat as say a Jason Smith? And by that boat, I mean floating garbage
    Nice Blog Wicked! And props to JAB for "inspiring" it as well. :)

Some quick summary stats for those interested.

List of grades by round for all years combined:
    Code:
    Round	Grades			
    1:1-15	5	5	4	4	3	3
    1:16-32	4	3	2			
    2	2	2			
    3	4				
    4	1	1	1		
    5	1				
    6	3	1			
    7	2	2	1
    Average grade by round (again for all years combined):