Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OT - Tape Released of Junior Seau 911 Call

this thread will get locked soon, but how is it not shelfish of him when he has a fiance, kids, family? they will have the burden of this for the rest of their lives
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    That poster happened to be me. My initial message to him was: I happen to take a note of the strong language in your post, especially when you are suggesting that suicide is for coward (correct me if I am mistaken). I am not criticizing you or whatsoever. Nonetheless, suicide is not necessary considered an act of cowardice in some cultures. In fact, suicide is considered honorable in some cultures.

There was a tread on the subject somewhere (I am unable to find it). I know I will receive a lot of heat for holding that view. In that thread, I acknowledged that I do not share a communitarian view on life, I hold an individualist view... I just didn't think we should place/impose our judgment on anyone simply because we disagree with the person's action/decision or because of our existing view on a certain things.

It was truly a tragedy that the girlfriend had to discover him and made the call. My heart goes out to her and the family. I wish it could be scripted better.

Blog Entries

That poster happened to be me. My initial message to him was: I happen to take a note of the strong language in your post, especially when you are suggesting that suicide is for coward (correct me if I am mistaken). I am not criticizing you or whatsoever. Nonetheless, suicide is not necessary considered an act of cowardice in some cultures. In fact, suicide is considered honorable in some cultures.
    There was a tread on the subject somewhere (I am unable to find it). I know I will receive a lot of heat for holding that view. In that thread, I acknowledged that I do not share a communitarian view on life, I hold an individualist view... I just didn't think we should place/impose our judgment on anyone simply because we disagree with the person's action/decision or because of our existing view on a certain things.
    It was truly a tragedy that the girlfriend had to discover him and made the call. My heart goes out to her and the family. I wish it could be scripted better.
    Yes, I do assign personal judgement to a man who deserted his family and friends. We all go through hard times, and have to do things we never thought we'd have to do, but do them to have our families survive this modern era. His act was a tragedy to those he left behind, but not to him because he took the quitter's way out. R T here is my quoted PM to you :
    "I'm sorry if the tone seems hostile, that was not my intent. I am not a patronizing sort, but I do respect your point-of-view, even if it doesn't coincide with mine. This is a topic that brings out the best/worst in people. I'm glad you did this via PM rather than on a thread that might have ignited who knows what (?) You are a person whose ideas/posts I will read carefully because you've got a lot to say" ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    You do realize that people who commit suicide have mental problems? A rational person like you are me would say it's selfish and dumb to do, but a person with severe mental issues is not thinking rationally. It's an unfortunate situation. My godmother hung herself when I was like 10 or 11. Nobody knew why she did it.
    Of course they may have mental problems, so why didn't Seau do this act while he was a pro football player? AND don't you (I'm sorry for her destructive act) miss your godmother? Paint, life is so tough, but those who take an early exit leave us (you and me) behind to wonder why... Bc

I didn't say that it was not selfish of him.

It may be selfish of him, but does "selfish" tantamount to bad or such?

Blog Entries

I didn't say that it was not selfish of him.

It may be selfish of him, but does "selfish" tantamount to bad or such?
    Short answer = "Yes it does" ... Bc

I think some of us are judging a situation and don't have factual knowledge of what goes on in ones mind before the act.

Is there a study on what happens to the brain right before someone goes through with it?

Are kids selfish when they hang themselves because they get beat up at school? I can't imagine the thought of a parent losing their child to self harm because of being bullied.
    I get that Seau was a grown adult but some people need to have sympathy for him not knowing what happened.

Pain is a hard thing to deal with. He obviously felt this was the way for it to be. People talk like an early exit is a good thing for the one that passes. Are any of us on here really thinking that being dead is all that great? I sure as hell don't. I have hit depressed points in my life but I sure as hell don't want to be dead!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: Suicide Discussion -- Dumped from Ravens24x7 Forum

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/12306...-to-learn.html

Excellent piece by Brandon Marshall