So the Steelers are like Indy?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-breaking-down

As long as Roethlisberger is hurting, so is the Steelers' offense. Roethlisberger is the MVP of the AFC North this season. He has carried this offense, and the Steelers need an effective Roethlisberger to win in the playoffs. The problem is, this offense won't be better with Charlie Batch or Dennis Dixon. It needs a healthy Roethlisberger. He's the one player that the Steelers couldn't afford to get hurt.

Would the Steelers win more than 5 games if Ben was out an entire season with an injury?

He is the Manning of Pittsburgh. While i doubt a Batch or Dixon lead team would score many points i do think the Steelers defense would keep enough games close enough they could win more than Indy has.

I also find it humorous that just a few weeks ago Hensley claimed the Steelers had so much depth and now claims the offense falling apart. I could rope a bunch of retarded paragraphs together every few days and take his job if he isn't careful.

Re: So the Steelers are like Indy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-breaking-down

As long as Roethlisberger is hurting, so is the Steelers' offense. Roethlisberger is the MVP of the AFC North this season. He has carried this offense, and the Steelers need an effective Roethlisberger to win in the playoffs. The problem is, this offense won't be better with Charlie Batch or Dennis Dixon. It needs a healthy Roethlisberger. He's the one player that the Steelers couldn't afford to get hurt.

Would the Steelers win more than 5 games if Ben was out an entire season with an injury?

He is the Manning of Pittsburgh. While i doubt a Batch or Dixon lead team would score many points i do think the Steelers defense would keep enough games close enough they could win more than Indy has.

I also find it humorous that just a few weeks ago Hensley claimed the Steelers had so much depth and now claims the offense falling apart. I could rope a bunch of retarded paragraphs together every few days and take his job if he isn't careful.
    Yet another football "expert" that doesn't know shit. I seem to recall the Steelers going 3-1 last year while Ben was serving his suspension. The Ravens won that 4th game and barely beat Charlie Batch. I believe that was the "Housh" catch game.

(Edit - this was written by Hensley. I rest my case)

Blog Entries

There are not many teams that wouldn't have a big dropoff if their starting QB is out.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    There are not many teams that wouldn't have a big dropoff if their starting QB is out.

While this is true not many would elect to start a QB who needs a walker to get on and off the field. His performance early on told the story. Any coach worth a shit would have pulled Ben and sent in the back up. The fact they left him in there says they think he is the only chance they have at winning.

Blog Entries

While this is true not many would elect to start a QB who needs a walker to get on and off the field. His performance early on told the story. Any coach worth a shit would have pulled Ben and sent in the back up. The fact they left him in there says they think he is the only chance they have at winning.
    LOL

I heard Tomlin interviwed today and when they tested him on this he just kept to coachspeak and said the medical staff said he was ready, he said he was ready, and that's that.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    LOL

I heard Tomlin interviwed today and when they tested him on this he just kept to coachspeak and said the medical staff said he was ready, he said he was ready, and that's that.
    LMFAO i guess i was hallucinating watching him look like trash in pre game warm ups. Tomlin on damage control...........Fail.

It seems to me they were desperate for a first seed, which is understandable. Maybe no harm done though, as although they lost, as I thought they would, they won the next game. So everything is right back to square one.

Next week is it! Things are really crazy, that is for sure.

It was kinda' comical watching him. At the time I figured Batch was not the right choice, however, after today's game I am not so sure.

LMFAO i guess i was hallucinating watching him look like trash in pre game warm ups. Tomlin on damage control...........Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    It was kinda' comical watching him. At the time I figured Batch was not the right choice, however, after today's game I am not so sure.
    I think they don't give Batch enough credit. He has been around for a long time and been with the Steelers long enough. Granted the Rams defense is much different than the 49ers but i think he could have done much better than Ben did.

Offense sure fell apart today without Jen.

Maybe it would have been 52-0 with him in there?

I actually think the Steelers could get 10 wins almost every year without Ben. They play really good ball control offense when he isn't in there.

I agree. It is like Arians does not play to the teams strengths, he just tries things, and does not attempt to execute a calculated game plan at all. The way that game played out as far as ball control did not surprise me at all.

Remember though, Batch knows that offensive system just as well as Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I actually think the Steelers could get 10 wins almost every year without Ben. They play really good ball control offense when he isn't in there.