Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Chiefs sign Bowe to 5 yr deal and tag Albert

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yup.

KC is definitely trading down.
    I hear a lot of people saying trade down.

Who wants to trade up though? Is it even worth trading up for anyone when the player rated right behind him is so close?
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    The Ravens weren't going to be in on Albert (or Long). Even if he hadn't been tagged, the Ravens don't buy high dollar FA's. One, we don't have the cap room, even with Joe's extension. And two, the Ravens don't make big splashes in free agency. It's not our model. Shoot, we're not going to be able to keep Kruger, and will probably lose Ellerbe because of cap/salary reasons. Not sure how ppl think we'd be players for other teams big $$ FA's.
    Stop. Free agency is not the time for such reasoning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    You truly think that? I'm not trying to sound argumentative, but overpaying for a game-managing type QB ,combined with keeping a horribly overrated, inconsistent WR and a injury-plagued LT aren't exactly a recipe to make a 2-14 team good IMO.

Bowe is, without any debate in my mind, the most overrated WR in the game today.
    game manager like Flacco? He had his team in the division championship and played well enough to win. He had the highest QBR in the league when he got hurt. You call him a game manager all you want, they got by far the best QB available in FA or draft this year. Yes I think they can be very good simply by eliminating all of the turnovers they had last year. Time will tell

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I can't see anyone trading up with the Cheifs to get either Barkley or Smith.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    didnt albert play some G or project to G? maybe this is just them moving him inside hoping to limit injuries? I dont think this means they immediately trade out. probably the most likely but without a bunch of talent im sure theyd still take Joeckel or maybe even Star (depending on his heart), if they arent overwhelmed for the pick.
    This is a possibility.

Or, maybe they would take Chance Warmack? He is widely considered to be one of the top players in this draft.

I'm not sure about though. The chiefs could trade down 5 or 6 picks and still be able to take Warmack.

Brandon Albert would be a better guard than tackle, but he has been adamant about being a LT.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

This is a possibility.

Or, maybe they would take Chance Warmack? He is widely considered to be one of the top players in this draft.

I'm not sure about though. The chiefs could trade down 5 or 6 picks and still be able to take Warmack.

Brandon Albert would be a better guard than tackle, but he has been adamant about being a LT.
    He has played games at guard before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I can't see anyone trading up with the Cheifs to get either Barkley or Smith.
    agreed; there will likely be a few LT and DE's taken early. The teams drafting early already have the QB locked up for the most part until you get to AZ and Buffalo, then who knows?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    I hear a lot of people saying trade down.

Who wants to trade up though? Is it even worth trading up for anyone when the player rated right behind him is so close?
    I think that there are a couple of teams picking in the top 10 who might want to move up for Luke Joeckel or Shariff Floyd.

Buffalo has been talking about trading up for a few months now. If I'm KC I am trying to poach their 1st and 2nd round pick for them to move up and take Geno Smith.

Trade up from 32 to 1 and draft Eric Fisher??? ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He has played games at guard before.
    Branden Albert?

I think you're very wrong on that one man. Sorry.

He's been their starter at LT since his rookie year. They had Brian Waters and De La Puente as their starting guards. If he played guard, it was back in college. Not in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Branden Albert?

He's been their starter at LT since his rookie year. They had Brian Waters and De La Puente as their starting guards. If he played guard, it was back in college. Not in the NFL.
    Yeah in college is what I meant.

Branden Albert?

From what I've read, KC wants to kick him inside b/c he's a miserable run blocker.
    His pass blocking? Albert is a top 10 pass blocker among the LT position.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver