Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 24252627 LastLast

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Does this simply mean he reported or does it mean he passed his conditioning tests?
    Just reported.

The test is probably not happening for a week or so.

He is "injured", remember.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Being fined $30,000 a day is an expensive way to accomplish that. Are a couple of days off really worth the $120,000 he has to pay?
    No one said he was smart. He also may have thought he would not get fined and that the way he told the team was good enough.
    I would look for this mysterious injury to clear up near the time the hard part of camp breaks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Just reported.

That figures. At least the Ravens can send him to team supervised treatment and work his ass into shape that way.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That figures. At least the Ravens can send him to team supervised treatment and work his ass into shape that way.
    Yep, he will milk this for all it's worth before getting on the field. Could be weeks, who knows.

It won't be anytime soon that is for sure.

He is just a complete idiot. He could have shown up and then pulled up with a fake injury like a lot of vets do, but instead he tries to make up some ridiculous story that no one believes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Just reported.

::smacks head:: Wonderful...hope all this winds up a distant memory by the time preseason starts...
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Blog Entries

LOL - Funny how he turns up after HARBs gave his job to Oher after he pulled

a Kindle.

Screw him.

grimace.jpg

Much ado about nothing. McKinnie was simply in conference with Art Schlicter last week.

Blog Entries

Have they even tried Osemele at LT? I don't think they have and, looking at the list of experienced pass rushers coming off of that edge this season, I don't think he'd necessarily be ready for it.

I just say put the guy where he will be best at and I think that is at G.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

In the Aaron Wilson story McKinnie sounds a little miffed that fans are not buying his claim that he hurt his back in an accident at home.

That may be true -- we may not believe that he slipped and hurt his back. It kinda reminds us of the story that came out four years ago just before camp when Brandon Marshall claimed his arm injury was due to slipping on an empty McDonald's bag while horsing around his house and putting his hand through a TV set.

When there is a track record of misadventure, these oddball injury claims sound a little more suspicious -- sorry, that's just the way it is.

But okay, let's assume it's all true and McKinnie did have an oddball slip and fall on wet steps just before he was scheduled to appear in camp.

Our issue isn't so much accepting the injury, but rather accepting the way he handled it. If I understand correctly, he had his chiropractor call the team, eventually, and then finally showed up four days late. Hence the fines. Had he showed up injured, but on-time, I don't think it would have been as big a deal. Afterall, there is a list of players who showed up injured and unable to practice, but McKinnie is the only one whose injury prevented him from posting on time.

Again, it brings us back to questioning the legitimacy of the injury. If you fail to take advantage of the team's doctors and trainers by showing up on Wednesday, and instead you stay down in Miami working with your own chiropractor, without a call to say why, it leaves you open to questions about whether you were willing to have the team confirm the injury last week.

In other words, it makes a suspicious claim even more suspicious.

Maybe it's a U thing. I believe I can recall Ray Lewis and Ed Reed both opting to rehab with their own people, many states away, rather than showing up and reporting to the team doctors and trainers.

Bryant if you cry wolf like a chump over and over, people just stop believing you.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

If he did in fact hurt his back, then he should have been the one to call Harbs and talk to him about it and discuss what his options are. I would imagine Harbs would have told him to take it easy for a few days and report to camp later in the week so the trainers can work on his back and rehab him so he can get into pads in the next week or so.

He's got a history of slacking off and making bad decisions. It's hard to take a 30-something year old guy like that seriously.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.