Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

We need to keep this situation in perspective. McKinnie may not be a top notch LT, but he is the best LT on the Ravens roster, and is likely better than any LT the Ravens could go out and get at this point. Also, he has never missed a game in his career due to injury. This will be his last year with the Ravens, but it will bide Ozzie some time to work out a long term solution for the LT position.

Blog Entries

If Michael Oher is in excellent shape and it is true that the game is slowing down for him, I don't think it would be best to derail any momentum he could be building at RT, to move him once more, from that spot, unless it were undoubtedly necessary. It is better to worry about one position, rather than two.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    We need to keep this situation in perspective. McKinnie may not be a top notch LT, but he is the best LT on the Ravens roster, and is likely better than any LT the Ravens could go out and get at this point.
    :word

In a situation like this, you can either pitch a fit & get some momentary, transitory satisfaction, or grit your teeth & work toward the best possible outcome within the world as it is. The Ravens always choose the latter course--yet another good reason to support the team.

This smells of a vet wanting to keep training camp time to a minimum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    This smells of a vet wanting to keep training camp time to a minimum.
    Being fined $30,000 a day is an expensive way to accomplish that. Are a couple of days off really worth the $120,000 he has to pay?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I can see where RaveninWoodlawn is coming from. Atleast, with McKinnie there, if something happens to him, you have your fallback option (Oher, Williams, Birk, Yanda, Reid). With him here, you don't have to go to that option immediately, without a fallback option for that.

I can also understand where LeachisBeast is coming from, even though I've already had a similar argument with RaveninWoodlawn before (One he schooled me in). What leach is saying, probably better represents what I was trying to say. What happens is Osemele outperforms the vet? Unless it's by a significant margin, do we honestly expect the coaching staff to go with Osemele? Then, what happens the following year? Likely the same thing. Where Osemele has to significant outplay someone, not just outplay them.Tucker might even outperform Cundiff, but our consensus is that it would have to be by a considerable margin for him to win the spot. This is not the case with all situations. Personally, I don't think it matters if it's by a hair, whoever wins the spot in training camp between Smith and Williams (CB) will have the spot.
    You pretty much nailed it, I was thinking exactly this. Right now however, I have to admit that our best option is probably having McKinnie on the left and Oher on the right, it's really going to look bad if Osemele or Reid out perform McKinnie in pre season.

Why...why would it look bad?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Being fined $30,000 a day is an expensive way to accomplish that. Are a couple of days off really worth the $120,000 he has to pay?
    Everybody's different. Remember, this is the same moron who wasted $100,000 on one night of boozing when he didn't have a pot to piss in (well, he did but it was highly leveraged and he owed more on it than he was worth). So to answer your question, yes, a couple of days off ARE worth $120,000 but only to someone who is a lazy dumbass.

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ravens have officially reinstated Bryant McKinnie to reserve/did not report list
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

Ravens have officially reinstated Bryant McKinnie to reserve/did not report list
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

Meant to say reinstated from the reserve/did not report list. Bryant McKinnie had been accruing daily $30,000 fines before reporting Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

Meant to say reinstated from the reserve/did not report list. Bryant McKinnie had been accruing daily $30,000 fines before reporting Sunday
    Does this simply mean he reported or does it mean he passed his conditioning tests?
    ::Flacco Superstar::

I believe it just means he reported. Guess we will have to wait a little bit longer to find out whether he passed the conditioning test. My guess that maybe his back will keep him off the field a little longer.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello