Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    He did do it on his own time. He sent the email during his team designated time off. There hasn't been any additional activity on this story, but the players do not spend 24 hours a day seven days a week prepping. Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Terrell Suggs and others have all been active on facebook, chatting with fans. Justin Tucker has been posting instagram pictures like they're going out of style. BA has been trying to do something for a cause he believes in. Why exactly should that warrant a benching but the rest doesn't?
    Like you said there hasn't been any additional activity on the story, so I was just going off the OP.

If it's like HR said, he just plans to wear a few shirts and talk about it in interviews when asked, okay, I have no problem with that. But "Championing" it seems like you're going to go above and beyond and take away from your responsibilities to prepare for the game, if not, than I don't care do as much as you'd like.

If he were to open his media day interviews (and thanks to this announcement he will definitely be one of the players with a crowd on media day) by reading a brief statement in support of marriage equality, that would probably be reported as "championing marriage equality at the SuperBowl." And it would be a total non issue from a football preparedness standpoint.

I would bet money that whatever he does, it will be that or less. (My other thought is that he'll wear a NOH8 shirt during any event where cameras will be present. That would similarly be considered championing the gay marriage issue.)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

If he were to open his media day interviews (and thanks to this announcement he will definitely be one of the players with a crowd on media day) by reading a brief statement in support of marriage equality, that would probably be reported as "championing marriage equality at the SuperBowl." And it would be a total non issue from a football preparedness standpoint.

I would bet money that whatever he does, it will be that or less. (My other thought is that he'll wear a NOH8 shirt during any event where cameras will be present. That would similarly be considered championing the gay marriage issue.)
    How it's reported and what is actually championing are two entirely different things.

If that's all he did, so what.

Blog Entries

Women are also occasionally gay. And they can have sex right now as much as they want. The issue is legal equality.
    The issue is legal equality! But when most people think about same sex marriage, be it men with men, or woman with woman they could care less about it from a legislative stand point. its a polarizing issue because of the effect that it will have on our children. The kids man the kids

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So?
    .....hey what ever floats yours man

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    ....hey what ever floats yours man

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you had said. Obviously you have more than a passing interest in this. Reading some of these posts is good for my perspective on this. This is the Super Bowl and there will be media interviews and a lot of hoopla. Not all the questions will be football related. I expect he will have an opportunity to state his position on gay marriage, which should not bother anyone.

Agreed.

The issue is legal equality! But when most people think about same sex marriage, be it men with men, or woman with woman they could care less about it from a legislative stand point. its a polarizing issue because of the effect that it will have on our children. The kids man the kids
    There are mountains of data indicating that gay marriage has no negative effects on the children raised in said relationships. As for the issue of explaining gay relationships to YOUR kids, I will quote the esteem Louis Szekely who said:

Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK
    'How am I supposed to explain to my child that two men are getting married?' I dunno, it's your shitty kid, you fuckin' tell 'em. Why is that anyone else's problem? Two guys are in LOVE but they can't get married because YOU don't want to talk to your ugly child for five fuckin' minutes?"
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

That which is unGodly will fail.

Blog Entries

lol
    i couldn't care less about explaining gay to children, not my issue.
    But i love the when we resort to the "there are mountains of data" approach. As if we are all to dumb to use common sense, so instead must rely on modern science to get us all straightened out

lol
    i couldn't care less about explaining gay to children, not my issue.
    But i love the when we resort to the "there are mountains of data" approach. As if we are all to dumb to use common sense, so instead must rely on modern science to get us all straightened out
    *chuckle*

You're so sure of your opinion you can't be bothered to look at facts.

edit: My own facts are that the kids of gay parents I know seem to be fine.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    That which is unGodly will fail.
    and this is really what it comes down to but I'm not going to sit on a message board and preach to anybody. If you believe in the word of God as i do then you have every right to oppose this. If you don't which you are not forced to; you really are not bound to anything in this world and can do what ever you want. But when someone wants to recognize the union of marriage between humans and animals don't get all conscious on me then, but be consistent if you say gay marriage is ok.