Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Joe dissing the media (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I am trying to say that Joe threw the ball 8 less times than GB. In fact I did say it. They didn't throw the ball more. And the idea that not having a running game helps your passing game is also nonsense.
    Still is pretty obvious were theyput emphasis at when it comes to the offense, which is passing, which is opposite of what the Ravens do.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    He did last year, over 90 between both games, and nobody seems to care that was a major improvement. They lump all other numbers in and don't recognize that last year he showed improvement.
    Last year he threw for 125 yards against the steelers in their playoff game. The previous year he threw for only 34 yards against the Patriots in the Wildcard game. Despite the improvement, those kind of numbers aren't going to get you too much respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Still is pretty obvious were theyput emphasis at when it comes to the offense, which is passing, which is opposite of what the Ravens do.
    Should we also mention that Green Bay ran the most efficient passing game in the history of the NFL as well?

Or do we just want to throw out random numbers with no meaning?

And....?

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Should we also mention that Green Bay ran the most efficient passing game in the history of the NFL as well?

Or do we just want to throw out random numbers with no meaning?
    Should we also mention who first mentioned GB to get this ball rolling. I know it wasn't me.

The fact remains, Flacco shouldn't even hint/imply/mention himself in the same sentence as Rodgers or Brees or Brady. Doing so makes him look defensive at best, stupid at worst.

Blog Entries

Why would he need to tell me that. It is obvious. Look around, everyone says it is obvious. The media gives Joe less credit than he deserves. 9/10 people here are saying it. Do you agree or disagree? Does Joe believe this or not?
    Do I believe Joe gets unfair treatment and too much or not enough credit? Yes, I think it was you and I that went through that on the "why is joe always our scapegoat" thread.

I have no idea if it bothers Joe. I definitely think it's talked about in the locker room, as evidence of Sizzle after the Steelers game "what ya'll gonna say about him now".

At this point I think it's so ridiculous that it doesn't bother him, maybe the inaccuracy of it might annoy him, which it would you or I if we were in his shoes. But I don't feel he needs thicker skin because he cries in his pillow at night about how the media disrespects him (<----Slight joke)

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Do I believe Joe gets unfair treatment and too much or not enough credit? Yes, I think it was you and I that went through that on the "why is joe always our scapegoat" thread.

I have no idea if it bothers Joe. I definitely think it's talked about in the locker room, as evidence of Sizzle after the Steelers game "what ya'll gonna say about him now".

At this point I think it's so ridiculous that it doesn't bother him, maybe the inaccuracy of it might annoy him, which it would you or I if we were in his shoes. But I don't feel he needs thicker skin because he cries in his pillow at night about how the media disrespects him (<----Slight joke)
    I gotcha. You think he believes it but it doesn't bother him. Fair enough. I am not a mind reader but I sense it does bother him a bit (maybe I am wrong), but I don't think he is crying into a pillow. I also don't see why it needs to be mentioned, I just don't see how it helps, even if it may not hurt. I would prefer he go out there and shut them up, and after he does, have others (Sizzle, the few smart guys in the media, Harbaugh, etc) call out the anti-Flacco media.

Blog Entries

I gotcha. You think he believes it but it doesn't bother him. Fair enough. I am not a mind reader but I sense it does bother him a bit (maybe I am wrong), but I don't think he is crying into a pillow. I also don't see why it needs to be mentioned, I just don't see how it helps, even if it may not hurt. I would prefer he go out there and shut them up, and after he does, have others (Sizzle, the few smart guys in the media, Harbaugh, etc) call out the anti-Flacco media.
    I am not disagreeing just to disagree. I actually like that he said it. Maybe it's cause I hate the media, but I like when anyone gives them shit for being asshats.

And....?
    Lol It proves Joe's point, that if the Ravens put the same type of emphasis on running the ball that the Packers did, they'd be criticized to no end.......which is true.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I am not disagreeing just to disagree. I actually like that he said it. Maybe it's cause I hate the media, but I like when anyone gives them shit for being asshats.
    The problem I have is that it came from Joe. I wouldn't care one iota if Sizzle said it, for example. It is a shot at the media for sure, but it also is a compliment of Joe. And Joe saying it means he is essentially complimenting himself. Even if the compliment is justified, I don't see much gain when it comes from oneself.

Lol It proves Joe's point, that if the Ravens put the same type of emphasis on running the ball that the Packers did, they'd be criticized to no end.......which is true.
    Of course, because our passing game is not even in the same ballpark as GB's and that is due to the talent, especially at the QB position. Which of course proves my point.

Of course, because our passing game is not even in the same ballpark as GB's and that is due to the talent, especially at the QB position. Which of course proves my point.
    Talent at the QB and WR position
    Offensive Philosophy
    Runningback (nobody on GB is better than Rice)

Your falling to same trap as the media, its not as simple as Joe not being good as Rodgers.