Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
  1. Re: 2012 Draft pick - 6 (198): Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami(FL)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    So my question would be do you want your third receiver to be a guy who you think you've seen do it in practice...or do you want to bring in a veteran who has actually done it in game situations? My point would be that Streeter is going to be in a mix of guys who have question marks surrounding them, and that, to me, says they need to be your fourth and fifth receivers (contribute on special teams, develop into more if all goes well) but not a player you pencil in as part of your three receiver set.
    At some point those young guys have to be given a legitimate chance to make an impact.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Re: 2012 Draft pick - 6 (198): Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami(FL)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    So my question would be do you want your third receiver to be a guy who you think you've seen do it in practice...or do you want to bring in a veteran who has actually done it in game situations? My point would be that Streeter is going to be in a mix of guys who have question marks surrounding them, and that, to me, says they need to be your fourth and fifth receivers (contribute on special teams, develop into more if all goes well) but not a player you pencil in as part of your three receiver set.
    Each of the consistent winners in this current era of football, PIT, NE, GB, NO, CHI, IND, NYG and PHI have marched out young, unproven WRs and have had success, and there are specific reasons why. We did so last year and remained competitive. We need to keep moving in that direction until our on-roster talent proves it's a bad idea.

3. Re: 2012 Draft pick - 6 (198): Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami(FL)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Each of the consistent winners in this current era of football, PIT, NE, GB, NO, CHI, IND, NYG and PHI have marched out young, unproven WRs and have had success, and there are specific reasons why. We did so last year and remained competitive. We need to keep moving in that direction until our on-roster talent proves it's a bad idea.
    Pretty Spot on.

Not sure when you will ever know what you have in a receiver, if you keep them on special teams..

According to that logic, We would still never know what we had in Torrey Smith.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Let them play and see how they do in games that mean something.. If their not worth the money, get a player that is.Ravens need to let players prove their worth. This will let the fans see if the coaches are good at the area they are coaching. New players with no film will make it harder for opposing teams to figure out how to defend against. Older players can be handled by defenses because of enough film on them. Ask Ray Lewis and Reed, they claim success by watching film on teams.

+1. I'm really excited to see Doss play this year.

Would anyone else agree that this is probably the most buzz we've generated on a player taken beyond the 5th round? I mean outside Tyrod Taylor in last years draft, whom a lot of us liked, it seems like this is a really intriguing pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Would anyone else agree that this is probably the most buzz we've generated on a player taken beyond the 5th round? I mean outside Tyrod Taylor in last years draft, whom a lot of us liked, it seems like this is a really intriguing pick.
    Clarence Moore, Eron Riley

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    All of these religious players believe God has something to do with football and their abilities...yet every week one team wins and one team loses, even though both teams had players praying to the same God.

If religion keeps him out of trouble than fine by me.
    Just having fun here but don't you just wish that just once a player would blame god. News story like this.....

When asked about the interception Tebow blamed God. "I threw the ball perfectly, it was going were it needed to be until God adjusted the trajectory and it was intercepted. I just guess God likes Ray Lewis more than me, I mean how fair is that, I genuflex after every TD but this is what I get? I am starting to think I could have been Peyton Manning if not for the man upstairs. :happyanim

Before anyone gets upset I am not making fun of religion so much as the invoking it in sports....
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Riley was an UDFA

I was just watching his combine highlights and they were saying he could go first rd dependinh on his combine numbers. So it seems as if he has a lot more potential than most 6th rd recievers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

LOL - Old Clarence. He was another Phil Savage project like Baxter. Who
    can forget him curling up in the fetal position 1 yd short of a first down vs
    Cinci. All he had to do was stretch his arm out for a first down and we win the
    game. Instead, we turned the ball over and they marched down the field and score and kept us from going to he playoffs.

Old gator arms Clarence.

Everyone is still shaking their heads over taking a football player from Duke.
    Actually, Im pretty sure he scored during the pre-season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    LWill only caught 4 balls last year, he also had 4 ST tackles. This would be my assumption as to whom gets cut...
    Keep in mind that LaQuan Wms was an UDFA, while Doss was a 4th round draft choice who Flacco specifically wanted on the team. IMO LaQuan does not get cut... Bc