RT - Oher, Jah Reid, KO

FA - McKinnie

UDFA possible:

Marquardt
    Gaines
    Faulk
    Fragel
    Nixon

The lowdown: Can someone from the FO just come out and say "KO is our left tackle plan"? I feel like they keep trying to say he's "an option", but if they wanted REAL competition for him, they would've grabbed one in the middle rounds, instead of focusing on competition for LG and C.

I have to think McKinnie negotiations will happen this week and he's signed shortly. I just can't see the plan being KO vs Oher. We HAVE to have someone legit to compete. And I know there's FA round 2, but what LT will be there, really?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: The OT situation

Either sign McKinnie/Starks to play LT or sign Winston/Clabo to play RT and slide Oher over. Playing KO anywhere other than LG is not an option in my opinion; the pocket created by KO-Birk-Yanda allowed Joe to step up and make those incredible throws.

Blog Entries

Well, I don't want Oher at LT, so it'd be McKinnie or Starks. I like Winston though.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Well, I don't want Oher at LT, so it'd be McKinnie or Starks. I like Winston though.
    This is my preference aswell but they may prefer the more athletic Winston for an uptempo offense. He also has experience in the zone blockin scheme having played with the texans.

Blog Entries

I was kind've hoping we'd grab a OT prospect with final pick, but we went with CB. Huff.

So, now here's hoping we can grab one UDFA. 5 picks left, Nixon, marquardt, Faulk all still there.

You could conceivably sign Winston as a few years option at RT and just use Oher as a one year stop-gap at LT then let him walk. Oher at LT isn't good, but then at least you'd have KO, Yanda, and Winston elsewhere, and Gino could well be a good center.

This feels like we are tasting the cake before it's baked ....

WNST 6:37pm via Web

Ozzie Newsome on possibly adding a veteran tackle: "We'll have somebody lined up at left tackle." #Ravens

The team is NOT set yet. Give it time, folks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This feels like we are tasting the cake before it's baked ....

WNST 6:37pm via Web

Ozzie Newsome on possibly adding a veteran tackle: "We'll have somebody lined up at left tackle." #Ravens

The team is NOT set yet. Give it time, folks.

Yeah it's the end of April, not August.

Blog Entries

Newsome did say, only thing he wishes they could've added but didn't is TE.

So OT was never REALLY something he was looking for. Hmm...Like I said, sounds like the plan was KO at LT all along...unless this "lined up" option was just the guy unless BPA dictated a better OT.

Hmm...Like I said, sounds like the plan was KO at LT all along...unless this "lined up" option was just the guy unless BPA dictated a better OT.
    We still have another round of FA left. This team is not set. Maybe that is his plan, but I don't know how you can say that now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yeah it's the end of April, not August.
    Exactly and as I posted before, there are 10 teams who don't have enough cap space to sign their draft picks. Another wave of FA is coming and then there will be cut downs in the fall. There are UDFA and still some FA available; lots of options.
    If the season started today it'd be KO but it doesnt start today

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I was kind've hoping we'd grab a OT prospect with final pick, but we went with CB. Huff.

So, now here's hoping we can grab one UDFA. 5 picks left, Nixon, marquardt, Faulk all still there.
    Chris Faulk got scooped by the Browns.