Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Hue Jackson fired after one year as HC

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Not surprised at all; when they hired McKinzie I felt this was coming. (great hire by the way).

I want no part of Hue around the Ravens organization. The term 'full of himself' seems to apply
    Hue actually 'fired' his entire defensive staff right after the season. The problem was that Hue didn't have the authority to fire anyone. The Raiders had to tell these coaches that they weren't fired. Hue is a power hungry lunatic. He really should be a college head coach. That skill set works better there.

I've heard that Winston Moss could be his replacement. Moss was an awesome Raider and has been a good coach for the Packers. That would be a great choice.

Blog Entries

Re: Hue Jackson fired after one year as HC

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hue actually 'fired' his entire defensive staff right after the season. The problem was that Hue didn't have the authority to fire anyone. The Raiders had to tell these coaches that they weren't fired. Hue is a power hungry lunatic. He really should be a college head coach. That skill set works better there.

I've heard that Winston Moss could be his replacement. Moss was an awesome Raider and has been a good coach for the Packers. That would be a great choice.
    I heard that story too; what an embarassment. He can go be QB coach somewhere; that's likely his next gig

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Bring Back Hue!!! Can't believe Raiders fired him.

Hue's not coming back to Baltimore. Just like Savage. If you know "Lost Horizon" (the James Hilton book), you can't come home again. Let's move on... Bc

4. Re: Hue Jackson fired after one year as HC

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I heard that story too; what an embarassment. He can go be QB coach somewhere; that's likely his next gig
    I don't see too many HC's around the league bringing in a power hungry backstabber who is hell bent on improving his own career onto their staff.

He'll be lucky to get a college job.

I don't know whether to laugh more at the Raiders or their east coast counterparts (Deadskins). Guess the Raiders at least finished .500...

I thought Hue Jackson did a good job when he was with Baltimore, but no way I see him coming back here.

Flacco liked Zorn also, so the fact that Joe liked Hue is not a good argument. However, that being said , it seems that Joe would benefit from having a good QB coach. Any names?

Blog Entries

Harbs and Cameron would never take that self promoter back. Peter King has alluded the fact that Harbs and Cam were glad to get rid of him when he went to the raiders.

Can we merge this with the other 5 Hue Jackson threads so people can read them and we don't have rehash this over and over again?

Here's what I worte on the thread on the Non-Raven board

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Hue Jackson showed who he truly was which is a power hungry run you under the bus type of person.

Has anyone ever asked why Cincy, ATL and Balt. weren't sad to see him go even though he worked wonders with Carson, Vick and Flacco?
    When Al died he had to make it happen because there was really no one else. The Raiders thanked him for that but instead of him being realistic in that he needed to stay humble just in case a GM was hired he decided that his place in Oakland was set in stone.

Jason LaConfora just said that the word he was getting was that he was coming off as dictatorial especially to longtime Raiders like John Madden. As arrogant and as egotistical as he is, those guys are even moreso.

The real reason that he got fired is that his contract called for him to report to the Managing Partner or Owner. That just wasn't going to be and also why he was not going to last unless he was willing to make concessions. In addition, the Palmer trade plus the Detroit meltdown didn't help his cause.

Now Huey is going to have to return to the life of OC but he could take his talents to South Beach.

Note: I would love to see that SOB at MD to replace Rangoon next year. He'd be a great recruiter and could make MD formidable.

Bring him back as a QB coach.

11. Re: Bring Back Hue!!! Can't believe Raiders fired him.

Hue got a little full of himself thinking he was running the Raiders. That genius took a 7-4 team in complete cruise control, payed a pretty penny for Palmer, and finished 8-8. They lost some really winnable games, and Hue was sitting there blaming all of the players during his season ending press conference. No way a new GM who is serious about building something stable post Al Davis wants to deal with Hue and his big mouth. It's no wonder the guy has had so many jobs.

I'll tell you guys one thing, I'm watching Reggie McKenzie's introductory press conference right now. It's a disaster. The guy sounds like an absolute moron. Of course, he can't actually answer any questions about why he fired Jackson, what he wants to do, etc. But his prepared remarks were terrible and he sounds like he has no idea what's going on.

The Raiders were 8-8 this year, the same ranking as last year, so perhaps they didn't improve. But they had a good offense despite losing their best RB (and best player) for most of the season, their QB for half the season, and their top 3 WRs at different points throughout the season. They also let Zach Miller get away to Seattle in free agency, and he was one of the top 5 players on the team as well.

Their defense sucked, sure. It just seems ridiculous to can Hue Jackson after one season and bring in yet another guy who's going to blow up the organization and try to rebuild it. Continuity builds franchises, not continuous flux. Oh yeah, I get it: "this is different! This time it's going to work!" Sure...

Same old Raiders. Fumbling in the dark. They'll be even worse this year, then worse the year after that, then McKenzie will be gone. Wash, rinse, repeat...