Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Anyone else hear Hibbert say, "Go Hoyas! Go Pacers!" after the game? So cool!

*starts waving the blue and gray flag proudly*
    Yeah and he was intense, ready for another 'fight'. That dude is focused

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah and he was intense, ready for another 'fight'. That dude is focused
    I agree. He alone is enough to make me a fan of that Pacers team. I hope they can do it. NOWHERE have I seen any analyst/expert say the Pacers can win ... it reminds me of us vs. Denver in the divisional round. I'm sure that's fueling them.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

I think last night was the Pacers 'superbowl'. I see the Heat smoking them next game but I've been wrong many times...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Best team is an opinion. They were desperate and embarrassed from getting blown out.

I expect to see Miami take it inside a lot more to try to get the Pacers bigs in foul trouble, eliminating the severe disadvantage on the boards.
    I just want to clarify that the best team that night won

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    I just want to clarify that the best team that night won
    I agree. Saw nothing wrong with either of the calls at the end. Don't know what the uproar about that is. Lebron was shifting to his left and stuck out his leg and Wade took like 4 steps. Pacers bested them fair and square.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    I agree. Saw nothing wrong with either of the calls at the end. Don't know what the uproar about that is. Lebron was shifting to his left and stuck out his leg and Wade took like 4 steps. Pacers bested them fair and square.
    like in football its not so much how one play is called but if it was called consistently throughout the game. The offensive foul at that moment was ticky tacky and imo, not consistent. However I dont think it was a deciding factor either, but id rather "let them play" that late in a pivotal game. I dont think thats a typical call at that moment for just about any game really.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    like in football its not so much how one play is called but if it was called consistently throughout the game. The offensive foul at that moment was ticky tacky and imo, not consistent. However I dont think it was a deciding factor either, but id rather "let them play" that late in a pivotal game. I dont think thats a typical call at that moment for just about any game really.
    It was home cookin'. But that's OK, the Pacers had been embarrassed and they needed a win. They got it - can they get another? I doubt it but that's why they play the games..

This flopping stuff is out of hand though, IMO. Not sure what they can do this year, but they need to put some rules in place for future

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It was home cookin'. But that's OK, the Pacers had been embarrassed and they needed a win. They got it - can they get another? I doubt it but that's why they play the games..

This flopping stuff is out of hand though, IMO. Not sure what they can do this year, but they need to put some rules in place for future
    It just needs enforced...
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/18/p...les/index.html

I mean Allen, was most definitely fouled and they still fined him so at least theyre doing something but i think its fair to say more could be done.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ame-2/2359327/
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Exactly. And to clarify, I never said the refs were the deciding factor, I actually think I said they weren't. I just think they are having an impact on the game that is affecting the play of the teams.

I've said it before and I will say it again, they need a 4th ref and cover each corner of the court instead of a triangle approach. Far too much I thought I saw a foul call..

The last foul on Lebron was a foul to me. The only questionable call I saw was on Wade. I thought the refs could have ended it with saying the ball deflected off Allen. I honestly thought the refs let the Heat back in the game midway through the fourth and the whole pace of the game changed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    The last foul on Lebron was a foul to me. The only questionable call I saw was on Wade. I thought the refs could have ended it with saying the ball deflected off Allen. I honestly thought the refs let the Heat back in the game midway through the fourth and the whole pace of the game changed.
    That ball hit West's shorts. The problem as both Kerr and Miller said with the foul on Lebron is more often than not refs let that go, especially when Wade denied the screen. The travel on Wade at the end could have gone either way, I've seen that not called just as much as I've seen it called.

Blog Entries

Sounds like the refs are under scrutiny for that home cookin'. http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...-playoffs-2013