Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Kindle experiment is not over...

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Not everyone has a legendary Linebacker like Ray Lewis so this handling has to be delicate
    Emmit Smith, Joe Montana, Brett Favre.... the list of legends who leave because of age is a fact. None of them finished where they started. Ray is lucky to have been in the position.

Now, this should be a business approach after the season. Take the vet minimum or walk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrangePurple View Post
    And your writing is negated by the fact that defense had a freakishly good year. The bigger picture is to look at the seasons after the Cap Purge. What you see is what you get. Billick had to go. Do you really think that Billick would have exceeded what Harbaugh has done here?
    1st and foremost it makes a huge difference to a defense to have a great year when you have a QB like McNair who wasn't a turnover machine. When the offense that year was NUMBER 1 in time of possession (32:48), that ALSO helps a defense to have a "freakishly" good year.

Looking at what happend after the cap purge means nothing without a QB. Take away Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers from any of their teams and all their coaches are going to get shitcanned by their losses.

My opinion has little to do with here and now. The team better start making changes or you are going to see 5-11 years again.

Kindle has the physical ability no question, the FO probably see enough in him that they say why not keep working with him in practice, offseason programs, etc. and if he hasnt improved by then he wont make the 53 man roster next season.

We were talking about this when he got cut, he wasnt really a pass rusher in college, he was a blitzer with athleticism and sideline to sideline upside. I think if he can continue to learn the nuances of pass rushing, get counter moves, etc. and become competent as a ST player best case he could be a sub package rusher. Are the odds extremely against him, sure, but the Ravens obviously see something in practice that make them want to continue to work with him. Also i think if he didnt want to work there is no way he'd be on the practice squad, they would have just cut ties.

4. Re: Kindle experiment is not over...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    1st and foremost it makes a huge difference to a defense to have a great year when you have a QB like McNair who wasn't a turnover machine. When the offense that year was NUMBER 1 in time of possession (32:48), that ALSO helps a defense to have a "freakishly" good year.

Looking at what happend after the cap purge means nothing without a QB. Take away Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers from any of their teams and all their coaches are going to get shitcanned by their losses.

My opinion has little to do with here and now. The team better start making changes or you are going to see 5-11 years again.
    Yes, Billick did not have a decent QB during most of his tenure, and he is part of the reason. Why would any QB want to come to this team? How come the team could not develop the QB? You have to look at Brian and Oz.

And if Billick got such a raw deal, how come no team has hired him. Bisciotti stopped paying him a couple of years ago. He's free to go with any team without them having to match that $5 million a year.

Blog Entries

Yes, Billick did not have a decent QB during most of his tenure, and he is part of the reason. Why would any QB want to come to this team? How come the team could not develop the QB? You have to look at Brian and Oz.

And if Billick got such a raw deal, how come no team has hired him. Bisciotti stopped paying him a couple of years ago. He's free to go with any team without them having to match that $5 million a year.
    Oh yeah, Billick wasn't a victim in the QB situation, but the one time we had legit play, we did awesome.

Can't say why Billick hasn't gotten a job. He's an arrogant S.O.B. no doubt and I am sure that plays into a lot of owners decisions not to hire him. But regardless, he is the only Super Bowl winning coach the Baltimore Raven's have ever had so show some respect. Winning percentage is nice, go look to Andy Reid and the Eagles, but ask the fans and they wouldn't mind a Super Bowl trophy.

Say Billick does coach again, does that somehow validate my point? No, but as accomplishment goes, he is in rare company, period.

BY THE WAY, when your points are shot down or other factors are pointed out like 2006's offense, please acknowledge their validity rather than ignoring my points and just digging up more trash to muddy a discussion....

He's been too busy with that lucrative deal he got with WNST. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    He's been too busy with that lucrative deal he got with WNST. :)
    Didn't he invest in WNST? But I am sure that NFLNetwork pays well.

Bill Belicheck would have been out of a job with that crew, least he had Drew Bledsoe before Brady, our QB's SUCKED.
    Bill Belichick won 11 games with Matt Cassel as his QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Video cameras!

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Belicheck had a better audio visual department too.

Blog Entries

Didn't he invest in WNST? But I am sure that NFLNetwork pays well.
    I love it when Billick does games. He's turning into the best analyst on TV. He's so good at it I'm not sure he'd even want to coach again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I love it when Billick does games. He's turning into the best analyst on TV. He's so good at it I'm not sure he'd even want to coach again.
    I thought the same, haven't had insight like that since Madden. As ex-coaches go in the booth, he rules. Jon Gruden is nauseatingly in love with everyone...