Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 98 Rock Plans to fly banner over Heinz Field on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    What exactly would the banner say? What is the point?

We didn't sweep them. We haven't clinched the division or even made the playoffs. They actually hold the tie-breaker over us.

They are not even eliminated from the playoffs, as there are semi-plausible ways they can get in at 8-8, if they can get to 8-8 (the biggest obstacle required, imo)
    Exactly what's the point??? It's just stupid only I ever put 98 rock on anymore is to hear the game broadcast

Blog Entries

A lot of you guys werent around when they had their banners all over our stadium and all those yellow crying towels. Fortunately, over the years they dwindled but they sure did it to us. Maybe not with a plane but there were enough banners to make you sick.

Some of you guys have no sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    A lot of you guys werent around when they had their banners all over our stadium and all those yellow crying towels. Fortunately, over the years they dwindled but they sure did it to us. Maybe not with a plane but there were enough banners to make you sick.

Some of you guys have no sense of humor.
    I remember the 1983 Colts/Steelers game where there were many Steelers fans in Memorial stadium and fights breaking out everywhere. There is a certain element of the fan base that wants to dominate you on a personal level, maybe they did time. Have you ever watched a game and had a yellow towel waving in your face because the seat in front was occupied by a Steelers fan? I have. I have no problem with the banner, it's nonviolent.

What would be really be hilarious is yinz missing the playoffs and seeing Raven fans reacting to it.

Re: 98 Rock Plans to fly banner over Heinz Field on Sunday Dec. 29

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    One question: Why?

If the Ravens had swept them this year AND clinched the division, I could see the reasoning behind it, although I still think it's extremely classless.

The old saying goes something like: "Don't emulate behavior which you abhor". (or something like that)
    Agreed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I remember the 1983 Colts/Steelers game where there were many Steelers fans in Memorial stadium and fights breaking out everywhere. There is a certain element of the fan base that wants to dominate you on a personal level, maybe they did time. Have you ever watched a game and had a yellow towel waving in your face because the seat in front was occupied by a Steelers fan? I have. I have no problem with the banner, it's nonviolent.
    I almost got arrested for getting into it with a minor waiving his towel in our face. He was the QB of the Loyola High School football team decked out in Squeelers colors. He sat next to his dad who wore Ravens gear. He did nothing to stop him.

I said sit down and shut up you little ______ or I'm sticking that towel up your ass. His dad did nothing. I used to sit with Idna from Nest 1 and it embarrassed her so much she stopped taking me to the games but the kid sat down and shut up.

Well that was the time the kid wasn't there because he was injured in a game and someone asked the dad how he was and I said send that little _____ back to Pissburgh and the guy came at me. Took 3 guys to pull him off of me and SAFE threw him out, not me and he lost his seat-lol.
    ILMAO every time I think about it like now.

I would never allow those colors in my house much less take my son to a game wearing them.

One time I'm walking back to H lot after a game with a guy from scout's board and he saw one of those towels and took it off the fence. The owner came over and said hey, that's mine.

The guy turned around, dropped his pants and whiped his ass with it and dropped it in a drum with fire that was burning. The Squeeler did nothing.

Fuck em.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-13-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Maybe the sign could say something like "This is a sign. A sign you are looking at instead of the game. We really couldn't think of anything better to put here. TTYL"

Blog Entries

like the ESPN commercial. "couldn't think of anything" or "Rudy was offsides".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

9. Re: 98 Rock Plans to fly banner over Heinz Field on Sunday

They are the "flagship" station for the Ravens and I don't know how the NFL or the Ravens organization will feel about their flagship station flying a banner over Heinz field...This is dumb and makes our team and city look dumb too :grbac:

Blog Entries

Pull the plug on 98ROCK! It was great in the late 70's through the mid late 90's but now its terrible. I would say it started to tank when they brought the very un-funny and Howard Stern want to be rip-off Mikey in along with the others. Make it New Country or something. The Ravens have to hate the fact thats the flagship station. WBAL is fine and love Keith Millls and crew but thats about it. PULL THE PLUG! Having them do this banner flag thing is low and a very un-classy move.

Blog Entries

Why in the world would anyone pay money to fly a banner over a game the Ravens aren't even playing in? How about spending that time and energy on rooting the Ravens on in Cinci that weekend? That game could be huge for the Ravens.

Meh, if they want to spend money on it then I wouldn't be opposed. If it pisses off Steeler fans it's alright with me.

Anyway, I recall some of their fans flying a plane over Ravens Stadium a couple of years in a row with 'Baltimore is Steelers Country'. So in summary, screw them.