Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What will Caldwell do now he has a full offseason to prepare?

Its going to be fun to watch IMO. I believe that Caldwell is far more open to creative uses of his personnel and does a much better job than Cam ever did in creating mismatches for Joe to take advantage of. Idea such as using Rice and Pierce in the same backfield, more slants, rolling pockets, and better use of the middle of the field will turn this offense from being inconsistently dynamic into one that is consistently dynamic but yet aggressive in a physical kind of way.

The biggest key for me is keeping Oher at RT and KO at LG. Even if it means saying goodbye to Reed, Williams, Kruger and yes even Ellerbe then so be it. LT has to be a priority. Draft/FA whatever they have to make sure to address the position. You do not give your franchise QB a monster deal like Joe is going to get and then leave him exposed with holes in your Oline.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I bet Caldwell has all sorts of ideas. He's going to put in his offense. He and Joe have a real connection. They're going to be even better next season.
    Agreed, and if we can retain Boldin, Jacoby Jones, and McKinnie (UGH did I say that?), then this offense will erupt like we Ravens fans have never seen before... Bc

Blog Entries

I think he should create a package with Rice and Pierce both on the field at the same time, with both having an equal chance of getting the ball or rolling out for a pass. I think a shotgun formation with Rice and Pierce by Flacco's side would be very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    They came out in 2 backs 0 te's and 3 wide. Flacco motions Rice out of the backfield. Then, Leach comes out of the backfield with nobody within 5 yards of him. Flacco hits him for a gain of 8 yards. It looks like Leach was the primary target on the play. It was a great drive starter.
    Match-up problems. It's all the rage...and has been for years. It's the biggest problem that I had with Cam. He never exploited defensive weakness at the individual level.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Match-up problems. It's all the rage...and has been for years. It's the biggest problem that I had with Cam. He never exploited defensive weakness at the individual level.
    +1 It was so frustrating. Now we see a lot more motion, stack formations, pick routes, etc and it's so refreshing. The big 30 yard catch Boldin had was essentially a pick play. Torrey tied up 2 DB's and it made Boldin wide open to where he was able to get a big chunk of YAC.

I think that Jim will...

1) Integrate JJ12 into the offense more, if the FO keeps him around
    2) Lobby for a quick, skilled route runner to be drafted in April, especially if the FO doesn't keep JJ12 around
    3) Get rid of that ishtty 2 yard out that Dennis runs (b/c deep down he knows that I hate that route more than anything in the world) and replace it with a good ol' wheel route

Blog Entries

Draft or sign a capable TE to go along with Pitta, and mix it up between 3 WR sets and two TE sets, in the no huddle. If we get a TE that can block AND catch, that is the beuty of the no huddle, because said TE can stay in and block on certain plays, or if Joe wants him to go out in the passing game, he can call that. Defenses will constantly be on their heels trying to guess pass or run, and they will be forced to keep the same defensive personnel on the field if its no huddle, they will get tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    The biggest key for me is keeping Oher at RT and KO at LG. Even if it means saying goodbye to Reed, Williams, Kruger and yes even Ellerbe then so be it. LT has to be a priority. Draft/FA whatever they have to make sure to address the position. You do not give your franchise QB a monster deal like Joe is going to get and then leave him exposed with holes in your Oline.
    Yup...other than taking a franchise LT in 1996, this is THE most logical argument in this history of the franchise b/c it was logical no matter what the outcome of the 2012 season.

Hard to say really. Depends on personel choices on offense, I expect Leach has a lesser role. Hopefully no one knows until the end of the 1st Quarter of the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Draft or sign a capable TE to go along with Pitta, and mix it up between 3 WR sets and two TE sets, in the no huddle. If we get a TE that can block AND catch, that is the beuty of the no huddle, because said TE can stay in and block on certain plays, or if Joe wants him to go out in the passing game, he can call that. Defenses will constantly be on their heels trying to guess pass or run, and they will be forced to keep the same defensive personnel on the field if its no huddle, they will get tired.

Another "yup"...I hope Ozzie, Eric, John and Jim realize that this team is only 3 personnel moves and some scheme mods from being damn near unstoppable on offense.

Tackle/Tackle depth
    Tall RZ TE that can block (even more valuable if Boldin ever becomes hobbled)
    Route running WR (gotta get that separation on the perimeter...especially vs. a #3 DB ffs)