Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: King Dunlop views on him?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Thanks for the info, I agree with you, and those numbers actually show not only that Dunlap was better than Oher but I would bet those numbers compare favorably with anybody. 4 sacks and 15 pressures in 9 games with a rookie QB isn't that bad at all. Why are people still under the impression Oher is even average at LT in the NFL? He is BAD at the position.

I really think we have to keep Oher away from LT at all costs. He's just so much better at RT and will continue to get better if he stays there. The OL is completely set with KO at LG, Yanda at RG, and Oher at RT. Let Gino win the C job out of camp and let somebody else play LT. It's better to be strong at 4 spots than move everybody around and get weaker at 3 spots.
    Totally agree with everything here. You could sign Dunlap on a one/two year deal for a 1.5/2 million cap hit with incentives for 2013 and get decent play out of him and you could draft a Menelik Watson or a Chris Faulk in the 3rd round and develop him.

Although, I think Watson may even go in the 2nd/1st round now.

Blog Entries

I'm not really much of a stat guy. I am with GOTA on this one. For someone like that, I think you'd be better off rolling the dice with McKinnie. If you are going to bypass McKinnie, in my opinion, I think you need someone more proven.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I think I'd rather have McKinnie back for another year, but I'd certainly take Dunlap over Oher at LT.

After McKinnie getting hurt and showing up late and out of shape for camp I just dont see Ozzie giving him another contract. Dunlop is about the same size and his strength is also as a pass blocker. Putting him next to KO might improve his game. He is only 27 years old and made it into the starting line up despite being a 7th round pick. Would rather him him than McKinnie for the same money. We could draft Faulk, Watson or Qussenberry and develope them for a year ot two and have a really good offensive line put together to last a few years

Long>Beatty>McKinnie>Dunlap>Oher>Bushrod

And Albert is in there somewhere as well, but won't be a good value at all, IMO. So he might be last, due to my assumption he will be HIGHLY priced.

As others have stated, a LT in teh draft no later then 4th round accompnaies all but Long and Perhaps Beatty in thsi scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think I'd rather have McKinnie back for another year, but I'd certainly take Dunlap over Oher at LT.
    I agree.

I don't think much of Dunlap at all, but we have to do everything possible to not have Oher back at LT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Long>Beatty>McKinnie>Dunlap>Oher>Bushrod

And Albert is in there somewhere as well, but won't be a good value at all, IMO. So he might be last, due to my assumption he will be HIGHLY priced.

As others have stated, a LT in teh draft no later then 4th round accompnaies all but Long and Perhaps Beatty in thsi scenario.
    The Ravens have met with nearly half the OT prospects, they even met with Lane Johnson who will be going in the top 15. The Ravens will 100 % be taking a OT with one of their first four picks IMO, unless they make a big splash on a guy like Long or Beatty, which I don't see happening at all.

Blog Entries

Well, I'm calling it right now. Jake Long will be a Raven.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    After week 7, he played ever snap for the Eagles, and I totally disagree with you. He gave up less sacks, pressures, and hits than Oher did down that stretch at LT.

Dunlap gave up 4 sacks after week 7, Oher gave up 8. Oher gave up 17 QB pressures while Dunlap gave up 15. Dunlop also had Nick Foles playing QB who was a rookie.
    Let's see if the Eagles even try to resign him. I have a feeling they are so sick of him that they won't

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What happened to all those Clady predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. If it's one thing the playoff run proved, it's how deadly the offense can be with a good offensive line. I think hiring Castillo is part of the plan to eventually dominate in that arena. Perhaps they've decided to stop pussyfooting around and really shore up a solid young line that can work with Joe for years to come.

Pass on Dunlop.... Hoping McKinnie is back and under 360 in 2013 !!!