Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: now that its over

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    One my favorite seasons as a Ravens fan was 2002. We all knew it was over after 2001 and they were going to have to gut the team and rebuild. Those young players though really showed something. Especially on defense where guys like Ed Reed, Gary Baxter, AD and Kelly Gregg showed everyone that they were ready to take over.

That season we had zero expectations. The team went 7-9 and was a couple of plays away from 9-7. Damn, that was fun.

7-9 now though wouldn't be as fun. Not from 4 years of being this close. You can't get there each year without winning it and expect fans to be happy. I bet it's the same way for the players, the front office and Bisciotti. They have to be just as frustrated by this as the fans are.
    I don't think so. Otherwise they'd try to fix what is broken. By keeping Cameron, they've resolved themselves to the fact that our offense will always be mediocre and our defense won't get any help yet again next year. We all know what the problem is, but the front office is ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I'm sure they're frustrated as hell; one of the more ridiculous things we've read here in the aftermath of the loss and the retention of CC, is the idea that somehow the FO and coaching staff doesn't care enough because they didn't drag CC through the streets and publicly castrate him. The organization cares more than the fans do; they just are going to be professionals about it, and that means accepting dissapointment.
    2002 was a great year, but I don't think it can touch 2008. That was a team most pegged for 4-5 wins and we went all the way to the AFCC game. That was a hell of a ride, and really rekindled alot of Ravens love after the terrible years of 05 and 07, and the bitter dissapointment of 06.

For me, one of the most disappointing years was 04. We'd come off the AFC North title w the youngest team in the league; Ed Reed played out of his mind all year, and we still missed the playoffs, and were physically dominated by Pitt in the 2nd matchup. Not to mention that Pitt. unearthed Ben and it was pretty obvious that the balance of power had shifted in the conference for the forseeable future.
    So, they don't want to hurt Cam's feelings, thus they'll keep the status quo? That's what being professional is all about? Not trying to fix what is holding this team back is not being professional in my mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I don't think so. Otherwise they'd try to fix what is broken. By keeping Cameron, they've resolved themselves to the fact that our offense will always be mediocre and our defense won't get any help yet again next year. We all know what the problem is, but the front office is ok with it.
    So, they don't want to hurt Cam's feelings, thus they'll keep the status quo? That's what being professional is all about? Not trying to fix what is holding this team back is not being professional in my mind.
    Get over your fucking self, man. How old are you?

These guys 1) Know a hell of alot more about football than you, and if they think retaining CC is the way to go forward, I'll take their word over yours, or any other message board coach, any day of the week; and 2) These guys live and die w that football team 24/7/365. To think otherwise is beyond moronic.

Get over your fucking self, man. How old are you?
    These guys 1) Know a hell of alot more about football than you, and if they think retaining CC is the way to go forward, I'll take their word over yours, or any other message board coach, any day of the week; and 2) These guys live and die w that football team 24/7/365. To think otherwise is beyond moronic.
    Ah yes, here's the voice of reason. What exactly does my age have to do with anything?

Blog Entries

Ah yes, here's the voice of reason. What exactly does my age have to do with anything?
    Cause you're acting like a child. I just wanna know if you have a biological excuse, or just a maturity issue.

WahWahWah!!!! The Ravens didn't fire somebody I wanted them to fire, so they must not give a shit if they win or lose!!!! WahWahWah!!!!

That's you. That's what you sound like.

Cause you're acting like a child. I just wanna know if you have a biological excuse, or just a maturity issue.

WahWahWah!!!! The Ravens didn't fire somebody I wanted them to fire, so they must not give a shit if they win or lose!!!! WahWahWah!!!!

That's you. That's what you sound like.
    hahahaha! This is funny. Who sounds like a child? What's next, I'm rubber, you're glue....?

Blog Entries

hahahaha! This is funny. Who sounds like a child? What's next, I'm rubber, you're glue....?
    I'm not surprised a hilarious and ironic reference went sailing over your head. Do you want to continue down this tangent? Or do you want to continue to defend the position that since the Ravens didn't fire CC, they don't give a shit if they win or lose.

How about you fellas ( I'm assuming you both are fellas) take this little indifference with each other to the private message function?

Gonna close this puppy down as there is already a sizable thread debating the pros and cons of keeping Cam Cameron which is basically what this thread has evolved to.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!