Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Harbaugh-Tomlin postgame handshake

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I would take tomlin over harbaugh any day of the week!
    and twice on sunday!

Blog Entries

I dunno, HARBs was leading in the series by a game until Sunday, so now they're about even except for the ring Tomlin has but he had one of the best QBs in the game while HARBs is a couple of dropped balls away from a couple of SBs.

Other than that they're even.

Even Billick beat PIss more than anyone else and going into this season I think they were only 2 or 3 games ahead in the entire series since the Ravens came here and Billick won the trophy before PIss in the modern cap era.

In the past 5 years, including this year, HARBs made the POs more than any other coach including Tomlin. No other coach made the
    POs 5 years in a row.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-04-2012 at 01:31 AM.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I dunno, HARBs was leading in the series by a game until Sunday, so now they're about even except for the ring Tomlin has but he had one of the best QBs in the game while HARBs is a couple of dropped balls away from a couple of SBs.

Other than that they're even.

Even Billick beat PIss more than anyone else and going into this season I think they were only 2 or 3 games ahead in the entire series since the Ravens came here and Billick won the trophy before PIss in the modern cap era.

In the past 5 years, including this year, HARBs made the POs more than any other coach including Tomlin. No other coach made the
    POs 5 years in a row.

this team won in spite of habrage being a mediocre coach

I think he was holding a grudge against Harbaugh for the celebration last year in Pitt. Pitt media says he was trying to beat his own players to the locker room but I think it he was trying to make a point. But yeah, don't think they like each other.

5. Re: Harbaugh-Tomlin postgame handshake

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

^This. Harbaughless is average at best. The one with the stones and coaching ability resides in San Fran.

I have no problem with Tomlin. If there was a disrespect (and I don't see one), then Harbaugh deserved it. Throwing that red flag for such stupidity, a terrible game plan....sheesh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    That's because of all the talent Ozzie gave him, same with Billick. At least Billick got 1 ring but as Phil Savage said after Ravens were knocked out of the 03 POs in the last min by Tenn, "Billick blew
    it with 8 pro bowlers we gave him."

NE won the SB with 9 pro bowlers.

Same thing happened to Earl Weaver with all that talent he had and he blew all those series to the Mets and Pirates twice. He was arguing with the umps and said I'm the only one here going to the HOF. An ump said what for Earl, for f*cking up all those series. ILMAO

I said welcome to the new Eagles the day HARBs arrived.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-04-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    That's because of all the talent Ozzie gave him, same with Billick. At least Billick got 1 ring but as Phil Savage said after Ravens were knocked out of the 03 POs in the last min by Tenn, "Billick blew
    it with 8 pro bowlers we gave him."

NE won the SB with 9 pro bowlers.

Same thing happened to Earl Weaver with all that talent he had and he blew all those series to the Mets and Pirates twice. He was arguing with the umps and said I'm the only one here going to the HOF. An ump said what for Earl, for f*cking up all those series. ILMAO

I said welcome to the new Eagles the day HARBs arrived.
    hold up on that stuff
    its not about NUMBER OF PRO BOWLERS...thats always been our problem..WE NEVER HAVE A BALANCE..or a balance of pro bowlers...always heavily defense...we were in a playoff game vs titans w ANTHONY FREAKIN WRIGHT..they were good defensively..and he threw that pick in 4th quarter in our end..no decent receivers..just heap and lewis, and they bottled up lewis
    as far as orioles...yea,he blew against mets...cant judge 71 series...but i dont agree that he blew against 79 pirates..we had better pitching,but offensively were challenged..they had EXCELLENT lineup..that aint choking ,pal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scottie b View Post
    hold up on that stuff
    its not about NUMBER OF PRO BOWLERS...thats always been our problem..WE NEVER HAVE A BALANCE..or a balance of pro bowlers...always heavily defense...

I was just quoting Savage but 8 pro bowlers should get you to the dance. It got NE there and they won with 9.

There used to be a saying around here that defense wins championships and the 2000 Ravens D was one of the best ever in history.

That season we had no offense and went 4 or 5 games w/o TD and still went to the SB.

When Ozzie came here he built up the defense. We had Vinny scoring 40 pts pr game but the D was allowing 44-50 pts.

Then we got Ray and C-MAC, Starks, Jamie Sharper and that stopped the 45 pts scored vs us but then our offense went kaput but we still won the SB with Dilfer

we were in a playoff game vs titans w ANTHONY FREAKIN WRIGHT..they were good defensively..and he threw that pick in 4th quarter in our end..no decent receivers..just heap and lewis, and they bottled up lewis
    as far as orioles...

We had Marcus Robinson that year and he was wide open in the end zone right in front of our seats but Wright had a bad arm or shoulder and couldn't get him the ball.

I was at that game as every game til I had arm surgery in 06.

They say Eddie George got his balls back that game running by Ray who was injured I think. Their offense ran over our under-sized line.

There was also a big penalty by Zeus that hurt us taking us out of FG range but it still took Tenn to the last min to win it. It was funny but I met Zeus at a Ravens Nest bull roast and said Zeus, you didn't lose that game for us. They ran over an under-sized line. Zues just hugged me and said to Benny, this is the only guy in town who believes that. ILMAO.

yea,he blew against mets...cant judge 71 series...but i dont agree that he blew against 79 pirates..we had better pitching,but offensively were challenged..they had EXCELLENT lineup..that aint choking ,pal
    Yea, they had Willie Stargel and Dave Parker and that gang but Earl had 4 20-game winners and still blew it. We had a 3-game lead and needed 1 more win but the Pirate's manager's mom died in the middle of the series and he didn't go to the funeral. He stayed with the team and that psyched them up and they won one for the gipper. They were always called the comeback team and our main offensive threat Eddie Murray went 0 for 21 in the last 5 games. Any way you look at it, Earl blew it not able to win 1 more game with all those 20 game winners.

Palmer touched on this in his book and said Earl was so uptight in the locker room throwing coolers and chairs around that it made the team uptight and they played uptight.

Jim said they won the 83 series just to prove to Earl they could win it all w/o him. ILMAO.

It was funny but after Palmer wrote that book they were at a big function at Martins West and Palmer came out. Earl was there on the stage and had been drinking as usual and got furious at Jim and went after him. Palmer just laughed as he was 6'5 and Earl was 5'6. He was pissed at Jim for writing that book and had to be pulled away from him as Earl cussed him out but after that they made up as usual and went on an Orioles cruise together.

Earl recently said on ESPN that I had 17 wonderful years with Jim Palmer.

A broadcaster whom I won't name told me that story but it was in the papers but he said Earl had been drinking and before the incident on the stage he was charging $25 for autographs out in the hall way. He said Earl could be a real ass hole when he wanted to.
    Kind of explains all those choke jobs.

Jim said that when Flannagan was a rookie he was struggling and lost a couple in a row and confided in JIm he was scared of getting cut. Jim said I'll speak to Earl for you. They were in Boston but Jim said nobody went into Earl's office unless he called you in and that usually meant you were cut, but in Boston the bathroom was next to his office. So he was taking a whiz and said hey Earl. Earl said yea. Jim said Flanny's worried your'e going to cut him. Earl said you know and I know he's not getting cut. Jim said yea, but Flanny doesn't know it. Earl said thanks. I'll talk to him and Flanny went on to win the Cy Young. Jim said he can thank the urinal for winning it.

Speaking of that great Pirates lineup. We had a young pitcher from HOpkins named Dave Leonard. He pitched a lot of relief but Earl told him he was starting the series. Dave said I don't think I'm gonna strike fear into Willie Stargel, Earl. Earl said I'm not trying to strike fear into Willie. I'm trying to strike fear into Jim Palmer. LOL

Palmer said he always sat in the dugout at the opposite end from
    Earl during the games. One day a hitter was hit that seemed intentional. So Earl walked down to Jim never looking at him and said we can't let that stand. Jim said that was the code to hit the first batter up but the first guy up was his good friend Paul Blair who was traded to the Yankees in that block buster trade that brought Scott McGreggor, Rick Dempsey and Dennis Martinez.

Jim didn't want to hurt his friend with a 98 mph fast ball in the back so he walked him and Earl was pissed. Then he drilled the next guy in the back. Then he struck out the side but Earl was still pissed for not hitting Blair. LOL.

One last funny story about Earl and that 69 Mets series. Ole Earl got beat by the old shoe polish trick. A Mets batter got hit by the pitch or so their manager argued. Earl said the ball hit the bat and should be a strike. How else could the ball roll into their dugout so fast.

But Gil Hodges got the ball in the dugout and rubbed it vs his shoe and showed it to the ump and said there's the shoe polish. He was hit in the foot. The guy got on base. Earl got beat by one of the oldest tricks in the book. Nothing went right in that series.

And speaking of getting cut in his office, one guy was a kid from Dundalk named Lou Panella. The O's brass had a big discussion about him but Earl wanted him gone. When Cal Sr was the O's Manager he told Lou that he was the only one in the room who argued to keep him.

Lou ended up with the Yankees of course and played in several world series and became a great manager. YUP, Earl definitely had his moments.

Great post though. I enjoyed your comments but we still should have gone to the SB in 03, and especially in 06 and a couple of years under HARBs but a couple of dropped balls kept him out.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-05-2012 at 05:23 AM.