Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Predict three depth chart surprises

(1) I think Bowser will justify the 2nd round investment by getting major snaps.
    He will prove very versatile/valuable in pass-rush, run game, and dropping into coverage.

(2) Goose Deuce play @ LG will allow Lewis to slide over to RT. Mangold will man Center.

(3) We will be pleasantly surprised by Carr's play. The veteran CB will let Humphrey develop at his own pace.

... Bc

Jensen isn't unlikely. Siragusa will not start at LG unless we suffer injuries, so I agree that is unlikely.

My stab at this;

Unlikely: Mangold
    Unlikely: Lewis moves to RT
    Unlikely: Either Rookie OL start.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cawtious View Post
    Jensen isn't unlikely. Siragusa will not start at LG unless we suffer injuries, so I agree that is unlikely.

My stab at this;

Unlikely: Mangold
    Unlikely: Lewis moves to RT
    Cawtious. you're being very cautious. So who, in your scenario, will start @ RT?
    ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    (1) I think Bowser will justify the 2nd round investment by getting major snaps.
    He will prove very versatile/valuable in pass-rush, run game, and dropping into coverage.

(2) Goose Deuce play @ LG will allow Lewis to slide over to RT. Mangold will man Center.

(3) We will be pleasantly surprised by Carr's play. The veteran CB will let Humphrey develop at his own pace.

... Bc
    You haven't lost a step over the long offseason, Bc. Agree completely with 1 and 2. On 3, I fear Jimmy will go down at some point and Humphrey will get a lot of starting time.

Good thread to fight the summer torpor, Shas, thanks.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Cawtious View Post
    As for Jensen starting, I agree that's not unlikely, but I was predicting that he would actually play well and establish himself in the more aggressive scheme they're planning, and I think that would surprise people (i.e., become a long term starter for them at C).

As for rookies starting on the o-line, history would argue it's not all that unlikely. Stanely started as a rookie. Of course he was a high first round pick, but so did Lewis, and he was a fourth rounder, pick number 130.

Rick Wagner was a plug and play right tackle as a fifth round (168) pick.

Marshal Yanda, a third rounder, started 12 games as a rookie (mostly at RT before moving to guard his second year)

Ed Muliatalo was a fourth rounder who was an immediate starter at G, moved to RT, and then back to G.

Kelechi Osemele was a second rounder who started every game his rookie season at RT before being moved to G later.

Blog Entries

Depth chart surprises had me thinking of the BOTTOM of the depth chart, not the top

I'm going to say Taquan Mizzell makes it as a punt returner .... and I have no idea if he can handle punts till camp reports come in
    Just see him as a placeholder for Dixon RB slot, a non-veteran who has no vesting issues, and after people's rosters are set should be able to be slid to the PS unless he flashes excellence at PR

-The fact that he led all college in causing missed tackles after the catch by almost double his closest (and played in the ACC doing it, not one of the small college conferences) indicates to me that he has some ability to concentrate on making a catch, then quick reaction but that was passing not punting

2- Deuce Goose will get game snaps by mid-season

3-Brennan Beyer bubbles McClellan out
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

1. Danny Woodhead ends up with more touches than any RB on the roster

2. Marlon Humphrey replaces Brandon Carr as the starting CB by mid season

3. Campanaro not only makes the team but ends up taking snaps away from Perriman. By the the of the season they will be within 10 catches of each other.

I'd love to make an o-line prediction like everyone else but I honestly have no clue how that will shake out. It's the biggest mystery of the whole team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

I'd love to make an o-line prediction like everyone else but I honestly have no clue how that will shake out. It's the biggest mystery of the whole team.
    Understand that thinking completely

Just know that OL do get dinged - last year we had Urschel-Hurst- and Jensen starting a game IIRC Stanley was dinged and Lewis was dinged weeks before he was IR hurt, think Wagner was the other out ...

So my predicting that DeuceGoose gets snaps by mid-season I felt was pretty safe

But you are right, impossible to even guess without knowing what veteran OL position we add late ... seems like more variables than a keno game.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Understand that thinking completely

Just know that OL do get dinged - last year we had Urschel-Hurst- and Jensen starting a game IIRC Stanley was dinged and Lewis was dinged weeks before he was IR hurt, think Wagner was the other out ...

So my predicting that DeuceGoose gets snaps by mid-season I felt was pretty safe

But you are right, impossible to even guess without knowing what veteran OL position we add late ... seems like more variables than a keno game.
    I'm with you. I remember reading that the only team who didn't lose a starter for any length of time last year on their O-Line was the Falcons. Ronnie Stanley had never missed a game even in High School and suddenly he's out for a while. What you are predicting is possible.

Blog Entries

If we're just talking depth chart:

Matt Skura becomes the starting Center

3 UDFAs make the final roster

Patrick Onwuasor starts beside CJ Mosely.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If we're just talking depth chart:

Matt Skura becomes the starting Center

3 UDFAs make the final roster

Patrick Onwuasor starts beside CJ Mosely.
    Now those are some surprises.

Mine were just kind of "likely" predictions lol
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Now those are some surprises.

Mine were just kind of "likely" predictions lol
    Might as well go all out. We are all making predictions, but I don't think any of us are making them with the type of 'I called it' conviction. Although, I'll sure as hell act like it if it happens in my case.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore