View Poll Results: What should the Ravens do with Rolando McClain?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cut him NOW!

29 23.39%
  • Wait until the draft then cut him

16 12.90%
  • Keep him on the team and see what he can do in camp

35 28.23%
  • Nothing. Let him stay on the team. This is a minor incident.

16 12.90%
  • Wait until more information is public then act

28 22.58%
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 29303132 LastLast

Re: Rolando McClain Arrested -- What should the Ravens do with him? (Poll)

It's possible he was told not to leave the state pending his court date. Those sorts of demands are often waived, of course, and probably could be in his case. But maybe not.

Anyway. Signing him was low risk, high reward. I have no interest in having low-character guys on the Ravens, regardless of their skills, so I'd rather the team just wash their hands of him. It wasn't an expensive risk, but this guy is just too stupid to play for the Baltimore Ravens, in my humble opinion.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Ok, he told the newspaper down there he is coming up here on Monday to join the program.

Lets get this show on the road Rolando and get to work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I thought the fact they did not take another ILB in the 6th or 7th round was a harbinger they had decided to keep him for now.

Hopefully what happened in Decateur will turn out to be the only bump in the road. I got a feeling that the Ravens will get a decent year or two out him and it will work out. If not having addressed the position early in the draft has me feeling we will be ok either way
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post

I thought the fact they did not take another ILB in the 6th or 7th round was a harbinger they had decided to keep him for now.

Hopefully what happened in Decateur will turn out to be the only bump in the road. I got a feeling that the Ravens will get a decent year or two out him and it will work out. If not having addressed the position early in the draft has me feeling we will be ok either way
    I get the feeling they said get your dumb ass up here and quit fucking around with your loser friends.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I get the feeling they said get your dumb ass up here and quit fucking around with your loser friends.
    If Cody or Upshaw really want to have him on the team, maybe they can offer to put him up for awhile so he can get used to working out at the Castle & being part of it--meanwhile keeping him the hell away from Decatur.

Ok. I was wrong.

I trust Ozzie at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    LMOA exactly dude.

I would not be shocked if Ozzie told him flat out that if he even hears that Rolando steps foot in Decateur before the roster is set that he will cut his ass in Alabama second.

That's no idle threat if you understand that Ozzie beyond having gone to Alabama was born and raised pretty damn close to Decateur. Rolando knows that and I dont think he will be back there till after we win the SB :)
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

I change my stance after reading the article in full.

That was FAR from an endorsement from Ozzie. He was basically acknowledging the technicality that yes, as of today, McClain is still part of the team.

I don't see McClain on this team come camp.

Blog Entries

I just dont see oz and harbs letting him go until seeing what they have. If he gets cut its going to be because of play.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I just dont see oz and harbs letting him go until seeing what they have.
    He hasn't even been in the Ravens environment yet. Once he gets up here (which IIRC is supposed to happen tomorrow) they'll get a better read on the chances of straightening him out. A little working out, a little time with old friends who are also solid citizens who've bought into the Ravens way...who knows? At minimum it would be foolish to cut him loose this early.
    If he gets cut its going to be because of play.
    Not necessarily. If & when it becomes clear he can't settle down this far from Decatur & settle in with the way the team goes about its business, they'll let him go. My guess is the first order of business when he shows up at the Castle is to take him aside & make sure he understands how this latest foofaraw embarrassed the team & how little leeway he has left.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    If he gets cut its going to be because of play.
    Watching them pass on Da'Rick Rogers ten times over the past three days tells me that this isn't necessarily the case.