Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Are you Fired up for our Home opener - or maybe just a tad bit deflated?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    We're home for our 1st game of the year after our SB victory, and I'd almost want to give up my left testicle to be there in that stadium.
    If you're in the area, don't have any other obligations, and don't mind going alone, there's about five sections in the 500 level and four in the 100 level that have a couple single seats available on Ticketmaster right now. I know this because I was so fired up for this game, I went looking for a ticket for myself on Monday, and scored.

Looking at it now, you can get in the stadium for just under $100, and no compromise to your fertility.

Blog Entries

Ouch!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/0...2-cheat-sheet/

Cleveland at Baltimore: It's a bad thing when Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokley are your Nos. 2 and 3 options and the year isn't 2003. Ten years later, the two card-carrying AARP members were forced to play major roles in Baltimore's Week 1 loss to the Broncos. Unless one of the younger players -- Ed Dickson, hello, I'm talking to you -- steps up, a transaction is made, or there's some sort of Fountain of Youth installed into the Baltimore locker room, it could be a very long year for the defending champions. Flacco gets the job done over Cleveland, but it'll be anything but pretty. The Pick: Ravens 23, Browns 16

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/0...#ixzz2et6DKhso
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Excellent thread RFD.

I spent most of the summer looking forward to a season of football as defending Champions. I drank the purple Kool-Aid. I tried to convince myself that all of the team's moves were necessary, even the one I disagreed with most, moving Anquan to SF. After all in Ozzie we trust right. I even got past the opening on the road fiasco, after my head nearly exploded trying to figure out who was to blame--Angelos, because, well he's Angelos, MLB for running a business where the they allow their employees to vote on what time they are going to go to work, the NFL for being so greedy to use Rosh Hashanah as an excuse to not play on Wednesday, because they wanted Thursday night ratings, Bisciotti, for not having the chutzpah to force the NFL to play at home (you think this would have happened to Jerry Jones?), the Mayor of Baltimore for not finding a way to accommodate two games in one day, etc., etc., etc.

As the season approached I thought of how unfair it was for the NFL to have us open on the road, at altitude, against a quick-strike, fast-paced offense, when our defense was not yet used to game conditions. Having a super bowl celebration with some mid-level, country singer ( I'm being kind here) seemed out of place in Baltimore, and rang hollow.

All the perceived unfairness, the "NFL hates us" feelings , came back after that debacle of a game. My worst fears were realized, and the fact that we would be the first Super Bowl Champion in decades to raise our SB banner with a losing record would take all the joy out of tomorrow's festivities.

I left early last Saturday for China with thoughts of a royal butt whopping in my head so I had two very long plane rides to stew on all this.

So yes some of the joy will be sucked out of tomorrow's game and festivities. But as Coach Harbaugh said "It's not always pretty, it's not always perfect , but it is us." It's Baltimore. We have the World's biggest inferiority complex. We're used to be treated like crap by the NFL, Angelos, the networks, etc. I'll get past it.

But the old feelings are starting to come back . Getting out and cleaning off the tailgate supplies are helping to get me past this.

By the time tomorrow when I read Fred's call to order I'll be ready.
    Last edited by ed from Bel Air; 09-14-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Ouch!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/0...2-cheat-sheet/

Cleveland at Baltimore: It's a bad thing when Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokley are your Nos. 2 and 3 options and the year isn't 2003. Ten years later, the two card-carrying AARP members were forced to play major roles in Baltimore's Week 1 loss to the Broncos. Unless one of the younger players -- Ed Dickson, hello, I'm talking to you -- steps up, a transaction is made, or there's some sort of Fountain of Youth installed into the Baltimore locker room, it could be a very long year for the defending champions. Flacco gets the job done over Cleveland, but it'll be anything but pretty. The Pick: Ravens 23, Browns 16

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/0...#ixzz2et6DKhso
    So should we color you "deflated" Mr. Cincy Cat?
    Or should we color you green with envy that the Vault will be packed with purple while once again your Jungle will have nearly as many Stiller fans in it as hometown supporters? ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    So should we color you "deflated" Mr. Cincy Cat?
    Or should we color you green with envy that the Vault will be packed with purple while once again your Jungle will have nearly as many Stiller fans in it as hometown supporters? ;)
    I'm with Ed from Bel Air. I think the Ravens got screwed starting in Denver. They deserved to start at home. I was kind of stunned at the article from Fox sports.

As a Bengal fan I take nothing for granted. Steelers are 12-2 at Paul Brown stadium.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I'm with Ed from Bel Air. I think the Ravens got screwed starting in Denver. They deserved to start at home. I was kind of stunned at the article from Fox sports.

As a Bengal fan I take nothing for granted. Steelers are 12-2 at Paul Brown stadium.
    Thanks for the sentiment and good luck getting the Stiller monkey off your back!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

How can I not be excited!

Look, I know some people here were oh so sure we were going to go up to Denver and kick their ass, but I consider those people over the top homers...I thought we could win, but some were just over the top with arrogant like confidence.

It sucked to lose the game like we did, but it's not the first time we've gone into hostile territory and got our asses kicked. Doesn't kill the season.

I'll be there tomorrow in 502 and hyped as ever.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I been fired up since Monday night. This flame will never go out. My purple blood is always pumped living here. No doubt in ready, and excited to hear RavenNation at the Bank. The hell with the last week, it's week 2. A home game. A homecoming with the freaking Browns. Banner rising, purple love! Let the energy and force from RavenNation , let the dogs run wild and loose in the Bank!!! I'm freaking ready, always ready after each Monday and this is going to be a special feeling for me as defending champs. AGAIN!!! Purple Pride

"If you're in the area, don't have any other obligations, and don't mind going alone, there's about five sections in the 500 level and four in the 100 level that have a couple single seats available on Ticketmaster right now. I know this because I was so fired up for this game, I went looking for a ticket for myself on Monday, and scored.

Looking at it now, you can get in the stadium for just under $100, and no compromise to your fertility."

I honestly didn't need to know that thanks. LOL!! I know you said under 100 but, my wife would wonder why the fridge is empty, no gas for cars, and the lights are turned off.

Dang life. Always in the way. Heh.

Blog Entries

Fired Up! And right on cue here come the little boys from the factory of sadness

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!