Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Battle for #4 WR spot

Is this spot really Clarence Moore's to lose? I can't imagine he has done enough to warrant that. On the other hand...does Devard Darling even deserve a shot by now?

It would seem sad they can't find somebody better than these 2 stiffs to fill this spot.

Thoughts?

FM

Re: Battle for #4 WR spot

It's not looking promising for Figurs to take it from him either. His play so far in camp was described to me today as:

Yamon Figurs can't catch anything and runs routes like a drunken 14 year old.
    That's pretty worrying and the same person hinted that he's struggled with fielding punts which is even more worrying.

It will probably be Moore. He at least has some value in the red zone.

Darling has been a complete bust.

Not that it really matters, the 4th WR will rarely see the field, even in our supposed new more "open" offense. Top 5 options in the passing game are as follows, in order IMO - Clayton, Heap, Mason, Williams, Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    It will probably be Moore. He at least has some value in the red zone.

Darling has been a complete bust.

Not that it really matters, the 4th WR will rarely see the field, even in our supposed new more "open" offense. Top 5 options in the passing game are as follows, in order IMO - Clayton, Heap, Mason, Williams, Wilcox
    Further to that, McGahee will also figure more in the passing game than the #4 WR and I'm pretty sure they wanna give Quinn Sypniewski some passes this year as well with a view to pushing him above Wilcox on the depth chart at TE. Pushing Wilcox to only an H-back role as he started to play last year.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    It's not looking promising for Figurs to take it from him either. His play so far in camp was described to me today as:

That's pretty worrying and the same person hinted that he's struggled with fielding punts which is even more worrying.
    BJ Sams is no scrub, do not forget about him
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

its sad for yamon, who i really like and hope he can turn his luck around. But moore is likely, only for the jump ball which so far in camp he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Sams is a back. He'll probably get return duties again.

We'll see how it plays out, but so far Figurs is reminding me a whole lot of Derek Abney who we dradted out of Kentucky a couple years back. Both seem to have crazy speed and were great returners in college - let's hope Yamon can turn things around!

I would use Yamon as the KR until he gets comfortable catching the ball. With his speed and not having to worry about getting jacked as soon as he catches the ball, he could be a serious weapon there. Sams has no fear and should continue to be used as the PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Not forgetting about Sams but unless Figurs picks up an injury and we can file him away on IR, if he doesn't shape up we're having to carry an extra player on the roster. Which when we need more roster spots this year to cover all of the responsibilities that Adalius Thomas held is not a good thing.

The whole Moore jump ball play makes my skin crawl....it's such a low percentage deal. How many times did it work last year.....none!!!!

FM

Neither Moore or Darling should even be on the roster at this point. They are both known quantities, and that is they are ineffective and frankly, detrimental to the team's success.

I can't imagine that the Raven's scouting department wouldn't have some FA choices that at least have the CHANCE to become contributing players.