Smile Quinn Sypniewski

I thought he had a real nice game and was a good option for Kyle Boller. A definite keeper for next year.

2. Re: Quinn Sypniewski

I agree I like Quinn. He could be very vaulable to the team if he matures well into his postion!

Re: Quinn Sypniewski

especially if Heap continues to be injured, year-in and year-out!

I really like Quinn as he always comes to play. With Heap being hurt it is giving him time to become a better TE each game.

At this point for Syp, he really needs to be given a chance to run longer routes. Let's relly see what he can do and not simply use him as a chip and checkdown receiver. They had 1 such play yesterday which went incomplete, but I was still happy to see it. I still want to see if he can find a spot in a zone and sit there.

I think the reason they are apprehensive about the longer routes is, Quinn does not seem to have the speed that Heap has. I could be wrong, but Heap is an explosive YAC guy, So far, QS seems to play the sides a lot. A catch and out move. I could be wrong though, as I usually am.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I really like him. He's taking good advantage of the playing time he's seeing. We've been fortunate when it comes to TEs. Sharpe, Heap and now Quinn.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    especially if Heap continues to be injured, year-in and year-out!
    Except for his rookie year (when Sharpe was still with us), Heap has only missed playing time in one other season (2004). Heap might always be on the injury list but he still plays most of the time. 2007 and 2004 are the only years where he missed games, not 'year-in and year-out'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenatic20 View Post
    Except for his rookie year (when Sharpe was still with us), Heap has only missed playing time in one other season (2004). Heap might always be on the injury list but he still plays most of the time. 2007 and 2004 are the only years where he missed games, not 'year-in and year-out'.
    This has been discussed in other threads ad nauseum. Heap has appeared in most games every year that he has been with the Ravens, but doesn't always trot out with the rest of the offense.

All that being said, I think Todd Heap is a great TE and I'm glad the Ravens have him. Also, Q-Syp is quite a good backup, as is Dan Wilcox.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello