Page 1 of 98 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Gray

Blog Entries

Freddie Gray

Are you guys following this at all?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Freddie Gray

I just started to. To be honest I have become so weary of stories like this I assumed that since it was Baltimore, that he probably was a criminal, or was resisting arrest, or did something to escalate the situation. The more I learned about it, the more sick I became. All of those things may still be true, but how do you sever a man's spine? I don't know. I'm waiting for more facts to come out. I was born and raised in Baltimore and have lived much of my adult life here, and I personally have had maybe two or three unpleasant encounters with the police, but nothing on this scale. I was just telling my wife the other day that I really didn't expect to see the types of things we see on the news to happen here. How ironic.

I started to yesterday when it hit our local news.

There was a report this morning that a prisoner that was also in the prisoner van at the same time, saying Gray was flailing around in the back of the van.

I'm troubled (but not surprised) that SRB has already thrown the officers under the buss even before the autopsy has come out. There's no reason to suspend all six officers involved before the investigation even gets started. If I was one of those officers and I did nothing wrong, you best believe I'd sue and quit.

Blog Entries

im still trying to read up on it myself.

its odd that he enters the van after being arrested "without force or incident" yet leaves the van with a severed spine. something doesnt add up there. The whole reason he was arrested was that he was running and had a pocket knife. not sure I follow the reasoning for arresting him in the first place.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

its odd that he enters the van after being arrested "without force or incident" yet leaves the van with a severed spine. something doesnt add up there. The whole reason he was arrested was that he was running and had a pocket knife. not sure I follow the reasoning for arresting him in the first place.
    That's what I'm not sure of. Why was he arrested in the first place?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

He ran unprovoked upon encountering police. That leads to the chase. I assume he was arrested for having a switch blade.

As for what happened to his neck. No idea. Could have been a police 'rough ride'. It seems less likely though with another person in the back of the van.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's what I'm not sure of. Why was he arrested in the first place?
    I have no idea if they were called to the scene or not. what i heard was exactly what i typed, just that they saw him and he ran and when they cuffed him they found a knife in his pocket, as reason for his arrest. Doesnt seem like an arrestable offense to me, unless he matches the description of whatever crime they were called for, if they were.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    He ran unprovoked upon encountering police. That leads to the chase. I assume he was arrested for having a switch blade.

As for what happened to his neck. No idea. Could have been a police 'rough ride'. It seems less likely though with another person in the back of the van.
    if its a switch blade i guess that is an arrestable offense. I just heard pocket knife. though id argue, whats the difference really? pretty dumb law imo.

well the other person was picked up later and said he was already showing signs of injury when he got put in the back. so theres youre time frame. between putting him in the back and picking up the other prisoner, something happened to him.
    -JAB

The only knives that are illegal in MD are switchblades and gravity blades. When I am back east, I always carry my karambit since the state still has some backwards concealed carry laws.

So I am also assuming he had one of those two knives in his possession. If he didn't, they're going to have a hard time explaining why he was arrested in the first place.

Career criminal with a "spring loaded one-handed" knife in his pocket runs from the cops and gets arrested. He dies after again wasting tax-payers money trying to extend a life that, quite frankly, was gonna amount to jack and shit. How is this news exactly?

Also, it's readily apparent that the Mayor of Baltimore is a democrat. First she panders by instantly blaming the cops with no evidence, and then says the guy carried an illegal weapon but that isn't a crime.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Career criminal with a "spring loaded one-handed" knife in his pocket runs from the cops and gets arrested. He dies after again wasting tax-payers money trying to extend a life that, quite frankly, was gonna amount to jack and shit. How is this news exactly?

Also, it's readily apparent that the Mayor of Baltimore is a democrat. First she panders by instantly blaming the cops with no evidence, and then says the guy carried an illegal weapon but that isn't a crime.
    Wow. People are awful sometimes.

I've been following it but have been waiting for the details to come out.

I don't think any would argue that it's a tragic end to a life. If and at this point it's a big if the Police had anything to do criminally with Gray's death they are one in a long list of people who have failed this young man and paved the way for his demise.

One could start with the parents and older men in his life.
    The justice system has failed to hold this young man accountable for his crimes against society, drug dealing and such and play some role in the end of this mans life . It's possible with stiffer sentence than showing up in a court room only to leave that he may have been forced to turn the life around.
    The politicians that appoint these judges and spout off that young black men are prosecuted unfairly which leads to minimal or no punishment and only back on the streets to commit the same offenses against the community they reside in.

If the police let this Gray run away and he harms someone they'll be criticized for not apprehending him. The men and ladies in blue are in a no win situation. Police make mistakes but if they ever stop policing we'd see a world of hurt and no community would be in worse shape than the high crime area residents.

It won't be any help to his loved ones but still hoping something positive can come from this tragedy.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 04-23-2015 at 08:07 PM.