Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    You also called that there was no way the Ravens would lose =P
    What can I say? I was wrong. I admired that when the kick went through the uprights. Doesn't mean I'm wrong now and you know it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Yeah they have. 2008 lost to Pitt, Tenn, and Indy in a row. 2009 lost to Pats, Bengals and Vikings in a row.
    Huh. I was sent inaccurate trivia. Damn. Tonight is not my night for being right.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Re: Do we make the playoffs?

Another way to ask this is:

Will we be favored in any of the last four games. I think not. We will be the underdog in all of our remaining games... Maybe that will make them play with more urgency than today.

I hope Ozzie is already laying the ground work to bring in Alex Smith next year, and perhaps getting a few second and third round draft picks for Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Anyone who says we aren't winning the division doesn't deserve to have an opinion.
    Seriously. We can go 1-3 and it would take the Steelers or Bengals going 4-0 in addition to that to get ahead of us. Everyone needs to unrustle their jimmies.

5. Re: Do we make the playoffs?

We'll probably make it to the playoffs but will probably lose our first game. I hate to say it, but this team has looks like a pretender this season. Hopefully the early playoff exit leads to the firing of Cam, I can't stand that fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    What can I say? I was wrong. I admired that when the kick went through the uprights. Doesn't mean I'm wrong now and you know it.
    As has been pointed out, you ARE wrong. The Ravens have lost 3 in a row on 2 different occasions under Harbaugh.

I don't think the chances are very high, but there IS a chance that this loss breaks the levee and the Ravens lose out. The myth of invulnerability at M&T is now totally shattered.

This team has been very, very lucky, and luck doesn't last forever. There are devastating, intractable problems everywhere on this team except special teams.

Realistically, I would assume 11-5 or 12-4. Good enough for the 3rd or 4th seed and the division. Probably good enough to win in the first round, but all bets are off beyond that.

I think I have a right/am justified to overreact about this. Give me a day or two (or the whole week) to calm down a little.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    Another way to ask this is:

Will we be favored in any of the last four games. I think not. We will be the underdog in all of our remaining games... Maybe that will make them play with more urgency than today.

I hope Ozzie is already laying the ground work to bring in Alex Smith next year, and perhaps getting a few second and third round draft picks for Flacco.
    That is an idiotic statement. Alex Smith has posted more efficient numbers than Flacco this year, but Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers OL is more responsible for that than Smith himself.

If Flacco had a decent playcaller and decent surrounding cast, he'd appear much better. No, he did not have a great game, but as usual, Flacco's bad game was accompanied by a bad game for EVERYONE on offense.

How many dropped passes? How many bad routes can Torrey run in a game? How bad can this OL play? Is Ray Rice just totally useless for 90% of his snaps against the Steelers? And that's not even to get into the terrible failures of our offensive coaching staff. Do we just excuse all of that because Flacco also failed to step up? No, we cannot do that.

Yes, we will make the playoffs. Maybe not at the seeding we could have had but we'll be there. I certainly don't see us winning against Houston though. This team wants to do everything the hard way this year and they just blew a ripe opportunity. They just screwed themselves royally. They certainly didn't play like they wanted it bad enough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    That is an idiotic statement. Alex Smith has posted more efficient numbers than Flacco this year, but Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers OL is more responsible for that than Smith himself.

If Flacco had a decent playcaller and decent surrounding cast, he'd appear much better. No, he did not have a great game, but as usual, Flacco's bad game was accompanied by a bad game for EVERYONE on offense.

How many dropped passes? How many bad routes can Torrey run in a game? How bad can this OL play? Is Ray Rice just totally useless for 90% of his snaps against the Steelers? And that's not even to get into the terrible failures of our offensive coaching staff. Do we just excuse all of that because Flacco also failed to step up? No, we cannot do that.
    I thought Rice, Pierce, and Leach had good games, Osemele was pretty good along with Yanda.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

:word

I actually saw Torrey just stop running on some plays...before Flacco had even thrown the ball. Seemed lime he knew the ball wasnt coming to him, so he half assed it. Did t expect that from him.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Predictable thread.

This thread needs to go in the steaming pile with the "We will go 8-8" thread and "how does this team win 10 games" threads.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.