Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens were healthiest Team in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Thus is the refrain after every good season.
    This one was different. We knocked off the Steelers for the division and got the home playoff game we wanted. The Patriots had a piss poor defense and the Ravens had the tools to beat them. I don't know if they would have beaten the Giants but they should have been in the Super Bowl. 2011 is going to be remembered much like 2006 as years of missed opportunity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This one was different. We knocked off the Steelers for the division and got the home playoff game we wanted. The Patriots had a piss poor defense and the Ravens had the tools to beat them. I don't know if they would have beaten the Giants but they should have been in the Super Bowl. 2011 is going to be remembered much like 2006 as years of missed opportunity.
    i guess you could say the difference between great teams and champions simply comes down to not missing those chance.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i guess you could say the difference between great teams and champions simply comes down to not missing those chance.
    In a similar vein, I find a lot of games are decided not by who did more things right, but by who did fewer things wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Last year really was our year. The Ravens had everything in world going for them and couldn't get it done
    A total lesson in how everything has to line up in the NFL: we beat Pitts. twice (including an opening day beatdown!), Indy was on the sched., but w/o Goober; had the Harbaugh bowl @ home instead of on a short week in California; swept the division; had a relatively weak schedule & few major injuries, and yet...
    came up one dropped TD pass and/or one shanked FG shy. The next time around will be the hard way.

Blog Entries

Joe was supposed to crumble under the pressure and Brady was supposed to TE the Ravens to death. Brady looked flustered the entire night and Joe rose to the occasion. Yet, the Ravens still lost.

It's not only been losing, but the way the Ravens have lost. Coming into 2006, many felt that the Ravens were a QB away from a Super Bowl. McNair shows up and helps the team to a 13-3 record, with the division title. They play Indianapolis, Peyton can't score a TD and it's McNair who blows the game more than anybody.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore