Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

If we just plan in one game we should be fine.

Hey guys, anyone give me a suggestion of the BEST place for crab cakes and the best place for Buffalo Wings in Baltimore!!?!?!

Best place for Crabcakes is probably G&M's http://www.gandmrestaurant.com/ although they're outside of Baltimore (in Linthicum) so you'd have to drive. We took the UK Ravens here on their last visit.

In Baltimore I'd say Obryckis http://www.obryckis.com/ which is just on the edge of Upper Fell's Point/Butcher's Hill. If you want to splash out, the Prime Rib do amazing crab cakes http://www.theprimerib.com/menu.shtml

Best wings for me are probably Kisling's Tavern (very close to my house) - don't think they have a website but http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...,7577042.story. Slainte pub in Fell's Point also do good wings www.slaintepub.com. Although it's Irish so you might not fancy that!

Tickets went out yesterday by Priority Mail, by the way.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    B We took the UK Ravens here on their last visit.
    All you need is crabcakes,and Greg's secret BBQ sauce at the tailgate.And you are sorted. Everything else just tastes mundane thereafter.:respect

UK & I went down to the market to do a celery hunt [I think Chris and Stockers were still sleeping tut tut].and my eyes popped at the food.I was getting fat just looking at it. We had some beautiful sandwiches.
    The new yorker was asking me a 1000 questions about type of bread,and fillings.And my brain was tripping out too much information.:celery
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

5. Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

Never had crabcakes before, always wanted to try them though.

What's the schedule looking like so far for the trip guys?

Me and Dave arrive Thursday evening, Saturday is the Terps game, Sunday obviously the Ravens game. Do we have anything planned for the Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Best wings for me are probably Kisling's Tavern (very close to my house) - don't think they have a website but http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...,7577042.story. Slainte pub in Fell's Point also do good wings www.slaintepub.com. Although it's Irish so you might not fancy that!
    I can whole heartedly endorse Kisling's after December (I think I ordered from there like 3 or 4 times in the ten days I was over), really excellent wings.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    I can whole heartedly endorse Kisling's after December (I think I ordered from there like 3 or 4 times in the ten days I was over), really excellent wings.
    Thanks guys - up until the now the best crab cakes i've had were in some place in Ocean City, MD - I love that place Bellybusters on 45th, great subs!!

I'm looking for wings that will match the hot ones I had in a bar in PA one night, they were unreal - i'm defo gonna give that place a try! thanks!

Thanks for sending tickets Ben, will let u know when they are received! :respect

Crab Cakes-- we can hit G and M on the way home after the Terps game if you like. I have been there a few times and it is easy to get to.

Dave-
    You going to try and get some airtime with Nasty that Friday (after 2pm)? If so I can get an email out to him announcing your arrival and see if he can also hook us up with some Terps tickets. Let me know.

Forgot to ask:
    FPR and Greg- have you found your new home yet for tailgating? I am still at lot #2 Closest Parking (Sharpe and Ostend).

Next Thursday!!!!! Game on (even if it is preseason)

Quote Originally Posted by TOEMAN View Post
    Crab Cakes-- we can hit G and M on the way home after the Terps game if you like. I have been there a few times and it is easy to get to.

Dave-
    You going to try and get some airtime with Nasty that Friday (after 2pm)? If so I can get an email out to him announcing your arrival and see if he can also hook us up with some Terps tickets. Let me know.
    Wow, it's been a LONG time since I spoke to Nasty. To be honest I'd given TL the first opportunity but he didn't seem that keen. I guess that means I'm very open to the idea.

How much do we owe you for the Terps tickets? Has ko time been confirmed?
    I will pack my 'Calvert :uk: ' Maryland flag for the trip!

11. Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

6 weeks, 6 days till we arrive! Woohoo!

Looking forward to the game obviously, but probably more looking forward to the tailgaiting and potential meetups. It's not often I'm surrounded by Ravens fans.

I'll be at the Terps game, can't wait! Wish I knew the kick off time - i'm guess it will be 12pm or 1pm? I hope its 1pm tbh - i have to get up early for a city tour of DC with my girlfriend!

If picking up tickets at the game is easy enough then i'll prob do that - anyone know what i might expect to pay?