Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mothers Grill in Fed Hill Robbed at Gunpoint

Just heard about this.

Good thing Maryland allows their citizens to carry firear.... Oh wait ....

Re: Mothers Grill in Fed Hill Robbed at Gunpoint

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just heard about this.

Good thing Maryland allows their citizens to carry firear.... Oh wait ....
    Unsurprising to you and I, but not so with people not thinking the way we do, but....

MD is seeing a very observable trend in the past few years. The armed robberies of this type have been occurring in counter-intuitive locations. Gone are the days where people robbed banks, pawn shops, liquor stores, jewelry stores etc.

Criminals as of late, particularly in Balt CO and the Reisterstown Road Corridor, have been picking on the "low hanging fruit'. They are robbing Pizza huts, Subway sandwich shops, etc, sometimes multiple right after each other, on the same night. Here is a real curveball, they robbed the Vet's office near my house, and ONLY ASKED FOR CASH. Not painkillers, ketamine, etc, but cash, from a vet's office.

Why? As HR already understands, because there will be little to no opposition, almost zero chance of an employee with a gun. It's basically free money and the Police are struggling to change that.

Just for clarifications, Antony's jewelers was robbed twice in the past year or so, but that is quite anomalous, in that it was the exact same manner, twice. Exactly when the two "carriers" left together to go to bank for cash drop. From what I understand, if they were legitimately robbed by non-employees both times then they are literally the dumbest business owners on the face of the planet. It very much so does not smell right.

Blog Entries

I'm sure most Maryland media will continue to focus on the Columbia Mall shooting instead of situations such as this...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Unsurprising to you and I, but not so with people not thinking the way we do, but....

MD is seeing a very observable trend in the past few years. The armed robberies of this type have been occurring in counter-intuitive locations. Gone are the days where people robbed banks, pawn shops, liquor stores, jewelry stores etc.

Criminals as of late, particularly in Balt CO and the Reisterstown Road Corridor, have been picking on the "low hanging fruit'. They are robbing Pizza huts, Subway sandwich shops, etc, sometimes multiple right after each other, on the same night. Here is a real curveball, they robbed the Vet's office near my house, and ONLY ASKED FOR CASH. Not painkillers, ketamine, etc, but cash, from a vet's office.

Why? As HR already understands, because there will be little to no opposition, almost zero chance of an employee with a gun. It's basically free money and the Police are struggling to change that.

Just for clarifications, Antony's jewelers was robbed twice in the past year or so, but that is quite anomalous, in that it was the exact same manner, twice. Exactly when the two "carriers" left together to go to bank for cash drop. From what I understand, if they were legitimately robbed by non-employees both times then they are literally the dumbest business owners on the face of the planet. It very much so does not smell right.
    That's funny, it's like Pulp Fiction was prophetical. Remember how the couple at the beginning and the end of the movie were talking about how a restaurant was a perfect place to rob. You mentioned the cash in the registers, but they also mentioned how it's full of people with wallets and valuables on them. Also, restaurant owners are less likely to be heroes than somebody who works at a bank or a convenience store in a rough neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    That's funny, it's like Pulp Fiction was prophetical. Remember how the couple at the beginning and the end of the movie were talking about how a restaurant was a perfect place to rob. You mentioned the cash in the registers, but they also mentioned how it's full of people with wallets and valuables on them. Also, restaurant owners are less likely to be heroes than somebody who works at a bank or a convenience store in a rough neighborhood.
    EXACTLY... no hero's no guns, EASY ROBBERY, that's what they are going for, not big scores.
    IT seems they are playing the odds... better to do $200-$500 robberies with basically zero chance getting caught or shot, then even 10's of thousands with a pretty good chance of getting caught or shot...

Hard to say what would have happened had both parties been armed. Personally, I dont think a shootout would have been preferable to the outcome here (no one getting hurt)

I think that the bounty that you get from armed robberies isn't what it used to be. Rich people don't really pay for things with cash anymore, poor people do, but they obviously don't carry a lot, and a robber would feel really crappy about themselves if they robbed somebody in their socioeconomic class. If you steal somebody's credit cards, they'll always cancel them right after you steal them, and you leave a perfect audit trail for the cops to hunt you down.

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Who claimed armed robberies never happen in Texas?

It's the tone of the argument. That if Maryland had more lenient gun laws than armed robberies, like Mothers Grill, could have been deterred, or stopped during execution. As if on the flip side, a state with lenient gun laws, like Texas, these types of crime or a rare occurrence. I would argue that places that have poverty, low education and income, are more susceptible to those crimes within those communities and their immediate surrounding area.

So in short its the tone your side uses that I dislike. The "Look a robbery or shooting in a state with strict gun laws...if only they had guns this wouldn't have happened." Criminals will prey upon citizens with or without firearms. Armed citizens does nothing to solve the actual causes that led people to commit crime.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    It's the tone of the argument. That if Maryland had more lenient gun laws than armed robberies, like Mothers Grill, could have been deterred, or stopped during execution. As if on the flip side, a state with lenient gun laws, like Texas, these types of crime or a rare occurrence. I would argue that places that have poverty, low education and income, are more susceptible to those crimes within those communities and their immediate surrounding area.

So in short its the tone your side uses that I dislike. The "Look a robbery or shooting in a state with strict gun laws...if only they had guns this wouldn't have happened." Criminals will prey upon citizens with or without firearms. Armed citizens does nothing to solve the actual causes that led people to commit crime.
    States with more liberal gun laws enjoy a lower (sometimes much lower) per capita violent crime rates than states with stricter gun laws. If you dispute that, your issue is with the FBI Uniform Crime Reports.

I agree that poverty above all else is a determining factor as to where crime occurs bit I'm not sure the relevancy to this discussion.

My implication was the employees ought to have a means to protect themselves, though if by happy to give you just any links, just in Houston alone, of the almost daily occurrence of a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy, never mind on a national scale.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    States with more liberal gun laws enjoy a lower (sometimes much lower) per capita violent crime rates than states with stricter gun laws. If you dispute that, your issue is with the FBI Uniform Crime Reports.

I agree that poverty above all else is a determining factor as to where crime occurs bit I'm not sure the relevancy to this discussion.

My implication was the employees ought to have a means to protect themselves, though if by happy to give you just any links, just in Houston alone, of the almost daily occurrence of a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy, never mind on a national scale.
    Than I misunderstood your implications, sorry. I think we largely agree here...I'm just not a gun guy and probably will never own a gun.