Blog Entries

24x7 Article: Don't Let J.O. Dictate Personnel Decisions - We've been down that road

There is a new article on the main page.

Don't Let J.O. Dictate Personnel Decisions - We've been down that road before... (1/25)

Link to complete article...

(This thread created automatically by 24x7 Admin's RSS robots).

Re: 24x7 Article: Don't Let J.O. Dictate Personnel Decisions - We've been down that r

I would just let JO retire. Time to start with the new blood of guys who are hungry.

Re: 24x7 Article: Don't Let J.O. Dictate Personnel Decisions - We've been down that r

I agree. We cannot have JO or any other player dictating what moves we make this offseason. If JO wants to play it like that, then he should just retire. Also, if JO is more interested in "having fun" as opposed to winning, he should retire. We need players that want to win.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

!??

It's not like our O-line was a train wreck this year, or our FO has a track record of making mistakes, what are you so worried about?

As I understood JO's position, he doesn't want to play if the team is rebuilding. What's so bad about that? Every year is wear and tear, he doesn't need the money, he'd like another ring. God bless him, he doesn't owe us a damned thing after all he's done, and if he says in September he's decided to play, I'll be glad to have him.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    !??

It's not like our O-line was a train wreck this year, or our FO has a track record of making mistakes, what are you so worried about?

As I understood JO's position, he doesn't want to play if the team is rebuilding. What's so bad about that? Every year is wear and tear, he doesn't need the money, he'd like another ring. God bless him, he doesn't owe us a damned thing after all he's done, and if he says in September he's decided to play, I'll be glad to have him.
    Actually, McNair made the OL look better than what it was. That said, if in Training Camp Flynn and Mule show we are a better OL with them as starters, then so be it. I would not, however, let JO or any other player dictate what players are to start at any position. The OL may have been last season, but the 2007 season will bring new challenges. What JO is dictating is very cliquish.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Actually, McNair made the OL look better than what it was. That said, if in Training Camp Flynn and Mule show we are a better OL with them as starters, then so be it. I would not, however, let JO or any other player dictate what players are to start at any position. The OL may have been last season, but the 2007 season will bring new challenges. What JO is dictating is very cliquish.
    1. Trust the FO more than you trust the Sun's reporting on the Ravens.
    2. Actually, the OL kept Boller upright when he was under center, too.

All I'm saying is, we are talking about a dialogue between Jonathan Ogden and the Front Office. There is reason to hope they will do a good job.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Me as Devil's Advocate:

Letting Ray dictate personnel decisions seemed to work out pretty well for us, why not JO?

Me:

STFU JO and let the FO do their jobs.

Letting Ray dictate personnel decisions seemed to work out pretty well for usIt did??? Let see Deion and Corey Fuller...they worked out great. 2 egomaniacs running their own show and both on the deep downside of their careers.

Letting Ray dictate personnel decisions seemed to work out pretty well for us

It did??? Let see Deion and Corey Fuller...they worked out great. 2 egomaniacs running their own show and both on the deep downside of their careers.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Letting Ray dictate personnel decisions seemed to work out pretty well for us

It did??? Let see Deion and Corey Fuller...they worked out great. 2 egomaniacs running their own show and both on the deep downside of their careers.
    Deion was a character when he was here, but he was also a serviceable DB, particularly at nickel. And Corey Fuller ran the weekly poker night!
    Festivus

Deion was a character when he was here, but he was also a serviceable DB, particularly at nickel. And Corey Fuller ran the weekly poker night!
    Yeah, I had no problem with Deion, other than he couldn't stay healthy. When he was able to play on the outside in 2004 (with Baxter moving inside in the nickel), he played well. In 2005 when he had to play inside (with Rolle staying outside), he didn't play as well early, but played better as the year went on.

Also, I have yet to see anyone report that he wasn't well-liked or a good teammate.

Fuller? Never liked him. I don't blame the Ravens for not cutting him in 2004 (the Sapp fiasco), like a lot of others do, since we did need a CB later in the season. However, I do blame them for relying on him from the start and not having a better player on the roster to be able to call on when needed.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I also think many fans underestimate the impact Deion and Corey had as leaders.