Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You are making this into a false dilemma, I.E., your argument is that there are only two options:

1) Pay Flacco a back-breaking salary that renders this team unable to compete ever again, or
    2) Dump Flacco.

The reality is that both of those two things are unlikely. In your world, no team would ever be able to re-sign their quarterback.

The most likely scenario is that the Ravens re-sign Flacco to a deal both sides are comfortable with, and I believe that can happen. Another problem with your argument is that we have no idea what the present state of the negotiations are or who is asking for what. We will NEVER know those things, and don't assume the "leaked information" you get from the press is anything other than what it is--noise, fog, and misdirection.
    Fair enough. You are correct that we don't know the state of the current negotiations. All we do know is that the Ravens made Flacco an offer that he rejected before the season started, but we don't know what the terms of that offer were. The Ravens have been negotiating with Flacco's agent for a while, so it is highly likely that proposed terms have been submitted by both sides, with no agreement as of yet. The rest is just speculation. I would love for Flacco to be resigned to a deal both sides agree with. The problem that you seem to be ignoring is that there appears to be a difference in perception regarding Flacco's value between Flacco and his agent and the Ravens. Sometimes those differences are not bridged, otherwise no player would leave their team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I think the first stumbling block (and major one) was exorcising Cam. Now its just numbers.

I'd say 7yrs - 100-105M with $30-35M guaranteed with major incentives added on.
    That is way too high for Flacco based on his performance to date. Major incentives on top of a $100+ million base, or a $100+ million base that includes major incentives?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    That is way too high for Flacco based on his performance to date. Major incentives on top of a $100+ million base, or a $100+ million base that includes major incentives?
    You're not paying Joe on performance to date... You're paying on Potential in the Future. Some team would give him that, and that's all it takes.

RUMOR has it. It's Harbaugh. If season ended today he would be fired. He has the rest of the regular season and the playoffs to keep his job.

Blog Entries

its hard to believe harbs is on the hot seat

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    its hard to believe harbs is on the hot seat
    I do too, but Biscuit doesnt like complacency. We'll see if the rumor is true. Their will be several coaching candidates of value this offseason. After about 5 years or so a coaches message in this era gets stale. Did he wait too long to fire CC? Who the hell knows.
    I was surprise Biscuit fire BB after a 13-3 season the year before and then had an injury riddled one the next. I guess injuries aren't an excuse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

You are making this into a false dilemma, I.E., your argument is that there are only two options:

1) Pay Flacco a back-breaking salary that renders this team unable to compete ever again, or
    2) Dump Flacco.

The reality is that both of those two things are unlikely. In your world, no team would ever be able to re-sign their quarterback.

The most likely scenario is that the Ravens re-sign Flacco to a deal both sides are comfortable with, and I believe that can happen. Another problem with your argument is that we have no idea what the present state of the negotiations are or who is asking for what. We will NEVER know those things, and don't assume the "leaked information" you get from the press is anything other than what it is--noise, fog, and misdirection.
    Well, you did post that Flacco wasnt even willing to negotiate until Cam was out of the picture.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    RUMOR has it. It's Harbaugh. If season ended today he would be fired. He has the rest of the regular season and the playoffs to keep his job.
    You are the king of unsubstantiated, baseless rumors with nothing to back them up.

Bisciotti has made it clear that his goal is to build a consistent contender and get rid of that "closing SuperBowl window" mentality. Harbs has done that. He's doing it this season despite a huge rash of injuries.

No coach in NFL history has started his career with five straight playoff appearances with qt least one win each year. Firing John would fly in the face of Steve's stated goals, and his style.

I think this Harbaugh hot seat talk is nothing but wishful thinking from his growing band of low football iq haters.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I do too, but Biscuit doesnt like complacency. We'll see if the rumor is true. Their will be several coaching candidates of value this offseason. After about 5 years or so a coaches message in this era gets stale. Did he wait too long to fire CC? Who the hell knows.
    I was surprise Biscuit fire BB after a 13-3 season the year before and then had an injury riddled one the next. I guess injuries aren't an excuse.
    I agree with this, it would be drastic move, I would think Harbs would have to completely lose the whole team before this happens though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I agree with this, it would be drastic move, I would think Harbs would have to completely lose the whole team before this happens though.
    Harbs doesn't have Rex stabbing his ass in the back, that's the difference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Harbs doesn't have Rex stabbing his ass in the back, that's the difference.
    no shit he sure threw billicks ass under the bus a few times, not to mention had the whole defense (which was the team) on his side.

Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    You are the king of unsubstantiated, baseless rumors with nothing to back them up.

Bisciotti has made it clear that his goal is to build a consistent contender and get rid of that "closing SuperBowl window" mentality. Harbs has done that. He's doing it this season despite a huge rash of injuries.

No coach in NFL history has started his career with five straight playoff appearances with qt least one win each year. Firing John would fly in the face of Steve's stated goals, and his style.

I think this Harbaugh hot seat talk is nothing but wishful thinking from his growing band of low football iq haters.
    Kinda like they would never fire and Offensive Cordinator this late in the season???

Or the first team in history to dump a QB that just won a Superbowl???

Or maybe Brian Billick when he was released and that was an overnight decision???

Ya ok...

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN