Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ravens Cap Update

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap2m
    Interesting thing is right after release, NFLPA had Pollard @ $2.75M (sans the RB) but recently changed it

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap1h
    NFLPA also carrying Pollard @ $3.25M, even though $500K roster bonus wasn't paid. Not sure why? Would think would only count $2.75M til 6/1

(3/3) Yes,NFLPA records are wrong. They totally omit ArthurJones and his $2.023M salary. Makes a $1.543M difference(prior to Ayanbadejo cut)

(2/3) Please ignore recent reports of Ravens Cap space from NFLPA records. Those reports are wrong, because NFLPA records are wrong.

(1/3) Upon releasing Ayanbadejo, Ravens will be $4.140M under the Salary Cap: http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap15h
    As reported, Ayanbadejo's release saves $807K, but actual Cap impact is only $327K under Ruleof51, due 2 cost of replacement player of $480K

Full Cap breakdown:

http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Cap Update

Thank you Ravor, goodness knows they were having a heart attack in here trying to figure this out without you.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I'm surprised nothing's been done about Leach. I hope this is a sign that Castillo has him envisioned for some serious duties.

Love me a good thumpin'

Blog Entries

Thanks. Always good to read the official numbers.

What I found most interesting about the NFLPA numbers was that the Ravens were listed as having just 43 players under contract which was the lowest in the league. Maybe they really are going to use those 12 draft picks this year.

Blog Entries

My sister-in-law's "cap" update = $0 ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap2m
    Interesting thing is right after release, NFLPA had Pollard @ $2.75M (sans the RB) but recently changed it

NFLPA also carrying Pollard @ $3.25M, even though $500K roster bonus wasn't paid. Not sure why? Would think would only count $2.75M til 6/1

(3/3) Yes,NFLPA records are wrong. They totally omit ArthurJones and his $2.023M salary. Makes a $1.543M difference(prior to Ayanbadejo cut)

(2/3) Please ignore recent reports of Ravens Cap space from NFLPA records. Those reports are wrong, because NFLPA records are wrong.

(1/3) Upon releasing Ayanbadejo, Ravens will be $4.140M under the Salary Cap: http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/

Brian McFarland‏@RavensSalaryCap15h
    As reported, Ayanbadejo's release saves $807K, but actual Cap impact is only $327K under Ruleof51, due 2 cost of replacement player of $480K

Full Cap breakdown:

http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/
    What updates were made to your spreadsheet from the last version that had us with $7.7M under?

I know of: Dumervil, Huff, BA release. Also looks like you are temporarily assigning the Pollard Roster Bonus to our cap ($3.25M dead money vs. $2.75M). But these 4 things do not get us from $7.7M under to $4.14M under, what other event am I missing? Is it Incentives Adjustment that went up?

Great work as always, Ravor, your analysis is much appreciated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Just can't shake her, can you Bc?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Dude, I love your posts. Every time I see you talking about your sis-in-law they have me cracking up yet emphathetic for you at the same time. I truly feel for you, brother.

If you kick her out over the summer does she count as a "Post June 1" release?

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    If you kick her out over the summer does she count as a "Post June 1" release?

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    What updates were made to your spreadsheet from the last version that had us with $7.7M under?

I know of: Dumervil, Huff, BA release. Also looks like you are temporarily assigning the Pollard Roster Bonus to our cap ($3.25M dead money vs. $2.75M). But these 4 things do not get us from $7.7M under to $4.14M under, what other event am I missing? Is it Incentives Adjustment that went up?

I also thought is was around 6.5-7 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post

I know of: Dumervil, Huff, BA release. Also looks like you are temporarily assigning the Pollard Roster Bonus to our cap ($3.25M dead money vs. $2.75M). But these 4 things do not get us from $7.7M under to $4.14M under, what other event am I missing? He

He changed Pollard's dead money to 3.25M, since LTBE's aren't removed until after June 1. He also added in the 504K workout bonuses, lowering our total adjusted salary cap.