Ravens sign 5 to future contracts

All from the PS:

Jan. 15: Roster additions for 2007: TE Rob Abiamiri; WR Romby Bryant; LB Jimmy Cottrell; QB Drew Olson; OT Chris Pino (all ended season on Ravens practice squad).

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...6/transjan.htm

My guess is that some, if not all, of these guys will end up in NFL-E.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 01-17-2007 at 12:08 AM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens sign 5 to future contracts

What amazes me more is I just realized we made it through the entire season with just 2 QBs on roster.

That said, here's hoping Drew Olson can win a spot in TC.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Romby Bryant is an intriguing prospect at WR. Isn't he a potential deep threat as well? I remember quite a few of the Ravens players speaking highly of him. Does someone have a scouting report? Is Bryant a speed guy or another (sigh) possession guy?

Bryant could be a replacement for Darling and we could draft another 6'6 guy to replace Moore.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

ROMBY BRYANT
    Position: WR
    Class: Sr
    School: Tulsa
    Conference: WAC
    Ht., Wt.: 6'1, 181
    40 Time: 4.47
    Grade: 2.59

BIO: Two-year starter who posted 47/748/8 as a senior after 49/593/7 the prior season. Has seen action returning both punts and kicks.

POSITIVES: Tall, explosive receiver with the speed to stretch defenses deep. Quick off the line, immediately gets to top speed and fluid making the reception running full tilt. Runs well laterally and displays a good degree of explosion in his game.

NEGATIVES: Tall and thin, not strong at the point and has difficulty getting off jams at the line of scrimmage. Also out-muscled or beaten by bigger defensive backs when in a battle for the reception.

ANALYSIS: Though he improved many facets of his game as a senior, Bryant still needs to polish and refine his game. Characterized by speed and the ability to outrun opponents, he could find his way onto a roster as a fifth receiver.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/33557.html

Thanks. He sounds like a good candidate to compete for the 4th and 5th WR spot on this team.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I'm pretty sure he was in NFL Europe this past year. From what I remember, he had impressive speed.

nfl europe works............
    adam v. kicker
    pashos RT
    L Glover DT
    Jake Delhome QB

Kurt Warner QB

Plenty of guys have used NFL Europe to their benefit and it is becoming a good development league for those that choose to go that route. We just happen to develop most of our talent without going down that route. What I would say is that you don't necessarily see direct results from NFL Europe as if NFL Europe guys make a roster then they could potentially end up playing for pretty much 18 months straight. I don't know for sure but I'd guess you'd see the most impact from NFL Europe the season after players are allocated there.