Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Could Sunday be more epic than Cal's 2131?

Like Jack, I say, "YES!" and here's why: LINK

Ray Lewis Tunnel.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Could Sunday be more epic than Cal's 2131?

Thank you for the new FB profile pic :)

I don't think so, unless Ray has a huge game with a couple of turnovers and we win going away. Even then, I think it falls short.

I was at 2130/2131 and it was surreal. It was like Disneyland. You couldn't walk 100 feet without literally bumping into a celebrity. The media coverage was like Apollo 11...the energy in the stadium was unbelievable before gametime, and escalated until the end of the 5th inning. I was in the right field flag court when the confetti came down. It was a World Series Game 7 multiplied by 5. And the fact that Cal hit the HR in 2131...wow.

Maybe if Ray returns an INT in OT for the winning TD...wouldn't that be something.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

I think so. Baseball is America's past time, Football is America's passion.

If he makes a game changing play, LOOK OUT!

Have to wait for the game to play out before I can so yes or no

This is a much different kind of game. I'd say more along the lines of Cal's last game with the Orioles. I don't think that any sports league has seen a game quite like 2131 that wasn't a postseason game.

I think it will be, because unlike Cal's 2131, the outcome of this game means something too. A lot of people at Cal's game were casual fans, at best. On Sunday, you're going to have 74,000 of the most rabid sports fans on Earth cheering for both Ray and their team.

If I were going, I'd be taking earplugs and throat lozenges.

I don't view it as on par with 2131. I look at this game the same way I saw Cal's last game.

Cal's last game was a very surreal night, with snipers on top of the stadium thanks to 9-11. I was searched (twice) on my way to my seats.

Ray's will be equally surreal. All eyes will be on #52 from the entrance into the stadium until the curtain call. Baseball players can "hide" in the dug out for half the game. Can't hide in The Vault.

Blog Entries

Wow thats a great picture! Kinda looks like Star Wars, lol.

Being a non Baltimore native, I have to chuckle at this.

I really don't think that baltimore natives and fans have the right kind of grasp on Cal that the rest of the world does. He is immortalized in Baltimore for having "perfect attendance" something that is nowhere near as big a deal elsewhere as it is here....

Ray Lewis is a MUCH bigger national figure. I think this game has FAR more national impact then Cal's perfect attendance streak game.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Being a non Baltimore native, I have to chuckle at this.

I really don't think that baltimore natives and fans have the right kind of grasp on Cal that the rest of the world does. He is immortalized in Baltimore for having "perfect attendance" something that is nowhere near as big a deal elsewhere as it is here....

Ray Lewis is a MUCH bigger national figure. I think this game has FAR more national impact then Cal's perfect attendance streak game.
    Characterizing Cal's streak as an "attendance record" shows you have zero grasp to the utter grind that MLB players have to go through.

You may need to check the news reports from that time as well. Cal's record, as well as his all star play year after year, was recognized nation wide.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I think it will be, because unlike Cal's 2131, the outcome of this game means something too. A lot of people at Cal's game were casual fans, at best. On Sunday, you're going to have 74,000 of the most rabid sports fans on Earth cheering for both Ray and their team.

If I were going, I'd be taking earplugs and throat lozenges.
    I hope you're right about that. I was extremely disappointed in the crowd at the Divisional Round playoff game last year. It wasn't nearly as energetic or loud as regular season games at M&T are. I think because playoff games command higher ticket prices and so wealthier but less passionate fans wind up going.