Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Onto the Chiefs...

We should be able to put up good points against them, upper 20's, low 30's. Until I see our defense perform well against the pass, I also think the Chiefs will put up some points. Charles worries me, but our run defense has progressively gotten better, and both Kruger and Upshaw have vastly improved in setting the edge. I suspect that we will have a nearly identical strategy that we had vs the Browns, which is focus on Charles and dare Cassell to beat us. He's been as bad as Weedon, if not worse, considering Weeden seems to be improving some.

Could be a close game at the half, but Ravens will pull away in the second, maybe Cassell throwing a couple to our guys.

Ravens 27
    Chiefs 20

Re: An early preview of the Chiefs

If given an extra 2-3 days to prepare, I'll take us over anyone.

I expect we'll see a few new wrinkles with our defense.
    Something along the lines of putting the right guys in the right positions to win individual match-ups.

Blog Entries

Hasn't there been a thread on this up for the past couple of days?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hasn't there been a thread on this up for the past couple of days?
    One of the mods just merged them:)

KC is a good team with all their starters playing, but coming off 10 days rest? They're in trouble.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    KC is a good team with all their starters playing, but coming off 10 days rest? They're in trouble.
    No, they aren't.

They have talent, but they in no way represent a good team.

Weeden > Cassell
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    If given an extra 2-3 days to prepare, I'll take us over anyone.

I expect we'll see a few new wrinkles with our defense.
    Something along the lines of putting the right guys in the right positions to win individual match-ups.
    I agree.

I wish we had those extra days against a tougher opponent. Seems like a waste using them on the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    I agree.

I wish we had those extra days against a tougher opponent. Seems like a waste using them on the Chiefs.
    I see this as a HUGE game for the Ravens.
    It is important for the Ravens to win this away game.
    IF they don't, then they would have lost both away games with the next away game against Houston.
    It could become an emotional block.
    The Ravens desperately need to go 5-1 going into Houston.
    Winning at KC represents winning away for the first time this season, an AFC win, and stay at the top of the division, and right behind the Texans in the conference.
    It keeps us in the hunt for a bye week even though it is early in the season.
    And that is where we need to be, hanging in there until Suggs gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I see this as a HUGE game for the Ravens.
    It is important for the Ravens to win this away game.
    IF they don't, then they would have lost both away games with the next away game against Houston.
    It could become an emotional block.
    The Ravens desperately need to go 5-1 going into Houston.
    Winning at KC represents winning away for the first time this season, an AFC win, and stay at the top of the division, and right behind the Texans in the conference.
    It keeps us in the hunt for a bye week even though it is early in the season.
    And that is where we need to be, hanging in there until Suggs gets back.
    This. Ravens are going to be fired up to win their next two games. They know they need to beat the Chiefs and will be focused. They will also get fired up for the media circus that is the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys are kind of like ND in college. They are going to get everyone's A game. It's a team people love to beat. Texans game is going to be a true litmus test for this team. Last year if not for the injuries I truly believe the Texans win the SB.

The Ravens aren't one to blow out their opponent. Look for a typical tight Raven game with us fighting off a comeback attempt at the end. As someone pointed out earlier, KC had 5 turnovers in the first half. I just don't see them repeating that type of effort. They are desperate to not go 1-4, and I am always leery of a desperate team. When the Ravens go on the road, the home team always treats it as their Super Bowl. I'm optimistic but cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    The Ravens aren't one to blow out their opponent. Look for a typical tight Raven game with us fighting off a comeback attempt at the end. As someone pointed out earlier, KC had 5 turnovers in the first half. I just don't see them repeating that type of effort. They are desperate to not go 1-4, and I am always leery of a desperate team. When the Ravens go on the road, the home team always treats it as their Super Bowl. I'm optimistic but cautiously optimistic.
    The Chiefs are not a desperate team.
    The locker room apparently has had it with Matt Cassell and if they couldn't rise to the occasion to compete against a division for at home then why would they suddenly be inspired.

Cleveland was desperate to beat us because they lost 8 straight games to us and were staring 0-4 in the face. KC hates their QB and they know they have no chance to win the division. They don't even have that primetime disrespect card that Jax had last year.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold