Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If that is the case, then yea it is messed up. However, he was still their teammate and I guarantee you that there at least 2 or 3 guys who probably are sympathizing with him.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    You are correct. It's no different than Belcher's family and close friends feelings. They probably hate what he did but they still loved him and are sad that he's gone.

Blog Entries

Jesus fuck, that is going to affect this team for a long time. Crazy bus extremely sad. RIP to his family. He was a key player for KC, not sure what would cause him to do this. Possibly worse than what happened with the wrestler Chris Benoit and his family...

Blog Entries

shot his girlfriend in front of her mother. It's never worth that, let her have 1/2 your money if it comes to that but now she's dead and he didn't want to go to prison so he's dead. lose/lose/lose

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...girl-orphaned/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

iggyman555 Guest

this is so sad, feel the worst for the baby that has no father or mother

Those of you acting like nobody should care about this guy have no idea how tough things like that would be on family...and a football team is family to most players.

If your brother, or father, or son did something like this, you would be seriously hurting inside and wondering how badly he may be been hurting and what you could have maybe done to prevent all this. It doesn't mean that you are condoning the crime.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm having trouble feeling sorry for the player. If he was intent on killing himself, then just do that. Instead he kills his girlfriend, which now impacts HER family/friends/etc:, left a 3 month old baby an orphan now. And then purposely went to the facility and killed himself in front of coaches, which will scar them for the rest of their lives I'm sure. Not to mention the impact on the rest of the organization, the NFL, etc: Oh yeah, and not to mention HIS family as well who now have to deal with this.

He didn't just hurt himself. He did irreparable damage to a LOT of other people in the process. That is more the tragedy to me than this coward.
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    We still don't know his state of mind, so some of your statements might have been a stretch. He might not have planned to kill himself. And going to the team facility was probably because that was where he felt safe, they said he didn't pull the trigger until the police arrived. More likely he knew that he'd just fucked up real bad and couldn't face the consequences. Either way, I am inclined to agree. He killed his girlfriend in front of her mother and I am assuming their baby was in the home as well. No coming back from that.
    What parts of this would be a stretch? He killed not just himself, but his girlfriend. The ramifications of what he did reach far beyond him just killing himself. He hurt a lot of people in this.

You're right, we don't know what his state of mind was. But to me this was still the act of a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jesus fuck, that is going to affect this team for a long time. Crazy bus extremely sad. RIP to his family. He was a key player for KC, not sure what would cause him to do this. Possibly worse than what happened with the wrestler Chris Benoit and his family...
    The Chris Benoit situation is exactly what I thought when I heard the story. No one in their right mind would do what he did, so I do think the criticism is a little unjust. For all we know, he could have been batteling a serious state of depression. I think the leauge may want to look into this case if there is any chance head trauma played a role in this. Not that this makes this act any more just, but you have to be congnizant of all the possible things that could have factored into this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    What parts of this would be a stretch? He killed not just himself, but his girlfriend. The ramifications of what he did reach far beyond him just killing himself. He hurt a lot of people in this.

You're right, we don't know what his state of mind was. But to me this was still the act of a coward.
    I am not denying that he hurt a lot of people but your post, at least my interpretation, makes it sound like he intended to kill himself in front of members of the Chiefs organization or that he intended to cause both families involved a ton of pain. The truth is, and this what I meant by we don't know what his state of mind was, he probably hadn't considered the consequences of his actions. This reeks of a spur of the moment type of crime, I doubt he spent weeks planning how he could hurt all those people. Doesn't change the fact that he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Those of you acting like nobody should care about this guy have no idea how tough things like that would be on family...and a football team is family to most players.

If your brother, or father, or son did something like this, you would be seriously hurting inside and wondering how badly he may be been hurting and what you could have maybe done to prevent all this. It doesn't mean that you are condoning the crime.
    You're explaining their point. It was an extremely selfish act. I'll never understand and neither will those that he has hurt.

Will be interesting to see what the league does here. I mean, seriously. The head coach and GM just witnessed one of their own players offing himself in the team parking lot the day before a game.

I have to think Goodell will step in here and push the game back a day or two.

iggyman555 Guest

nfl told carolina to travel as there will be game tom at 1pm