Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pitta Love

Re: Pitta Love

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Still waiting for - and frosted about - the flag that should have been thrown on the play before his TD catch. Clearly a PF that should have been called. And, clear as day.

Oh well, glad he didn't get knocked out of the game, so he could come back and make them pay.
    :word THISx100

At this point...any hard hit by a Ravens defender...whether it is helmet-to-helmet, or if the receiver is "defenseless" or not...any hard hit is drawing a flag. Had it been a Raven making that type of hit on Pitta, I have no doubt that a flag would have been thrown 10 out of 10 times.

Some of their reputation for illegal hits is earned (Pollard, stop launching yourself)..but it's gone way overboard now.

Dennis Pitta = Todd Heap 2.0? The guy has made a believer out of me. Pitta and Boldin have been absolutely clutch this post season.

3. Re: Pitta Love

Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post
    Seriously. I was appalled that Nantz/Simms said it was a clean hit.
    Initially, they seemed surprised that it wasn't flagged. They kind of hesitated about what to say--almost as if they had someone in their earpiece telling them "Since the refs didn't throw the flag, we need you to cover for them. Quick! Call it a clean hit, and don't explain why."

That play seems to confirm my suspicion that as long as you wrap your arms around the receiver, it won't matter if there's helmet to helmet contact/impact. The refs are only calling it on big hits where there's no attempt made at a tackle.

And hell yeah, Pitta is awesome!

I think Pitta is even clutcher than Heap. Now, I loved me some Heap, but he always seemed to fall flat in the playoffs (that big catch against the Titans in Joe/Harbs/Rice's rookie year aside). I most vividly remember the fumble against Indy in the 2006-07 playoffs. That seems very ... un-Pitta-like? :D #furiouslyknocksonwood
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    Do you guys really think it was a blow to the head? I'm not trying to sound like I'm picking a fight here but that one was pretty obviously a shoulder to shoulder type hit. Reminds me of the one I think Earl Thomas put on Davis later in the season that got incorrectly flagged. The other two hits called against the Ravens were pretty clearly helmet to helmet although I think the one Ray Lewis got flagged for could have gone either way considering how much time had passed
    Defensless Receiver. Period. I was in your stadium and every Pats fans around us, who I was bsing with all night, all said that if that was Pollard and the Ravens it would've been a flag.

Personally I LOVE hits like that and it SHOULDN'T be a penalty. But if your gonna call it, than call it every time.

Blog Entries

Does anyone think that Pitta could end up being as good as Heap?

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Still waiting for - and frosted about - the flag that should have been thrown on the play before his TD catch. Clearly a PF that should have been called. And, clear as day.

Oh well, glad he didn't get knocked out of the game, so he could come back and make them pay.
    I'm still wondering how he got right back up and lined up on the next play.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Does anyone think that Pitta could end up being as good as Heap?
    He surpasses Heap in some ways already in my estimation.

As I've already said I think he's at least proven himself AS clutch. He's faster and more athletic too. Probably not as good of a blocker yet, though.

But that said, it's hard to quantify the bond between a QB and his favorite, most trusted receiver. Pitta is clearly that for Joe and they will grow here together for a long time.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

We might not be going to NO w/o PItta's 3rd and 13 catch in Denver last week. This article says it might have saved the game.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/...imore.html.csp

It's hard to compare Heap and Pitta given the different roles they've had. Heap was in an offense where he was the go-to receiver. Pitta is a perfect foil to Boldin and Smith.

It'll be interesting to see Pitta's role evolve, especially if for some reason Boldin doesn't remain with the team next year.

It's hard to compare Heap and Pitta given the different roles they've had. Heap was in an offense where he was the go-to receiver. Pitta is a perfect foil to Boldin and Smith.

It'll be interesting to see Pitta's role evolve, especially if for some reason Boldin doesn't remain with the team next year.
    It will be sweet for Flacco to have all three next year. We are seeing a receiving core that Flacco has played with for several years. Very important that they are growing on one another. The Qb ability to know how his receiver is going to act is paying off greatly.

Blog Entries

Heap's weakness was his lack of yards after the catch. I think Pitta has more w/o looking it up. Heap was injured too
    and took time to heal.

Boller done killed his back with behind the back throws across the middle.