Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Joe Flacco or Ray Rice?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    It seems like every time the Ravens contract negotiations don't get taken care of swiftly, fans start trying to oust the player that the negotiations are happening with. Take a chill pill. There is a lot of time to get something done. These things don't happen over night and when they do happen that quickly its usually the team that gets the raw deal.

I don't think we have to worry about losing Rice or Flacco any time soon.
    Corey, this is a different type of situation. Foster and Rice are so similar in stats that it should be a no brainer.. the basic framework is
    already there. If Todd France wants to get a little more, but the Ravens want to keep it at the Foster's level, both sides will quickly split the difference. Its over quickly. This annoying delay obviously means France wants Rice paid much more... and I think we can all agree Rice simply isn't worth it. As a Ravens fan, this pisses me off b/c the Ravens FO isnt gonna overpay Rice to keep him so its a stupid battle. I do cut Rice a little bit of a break b/c this is France's stance, but ultimately the naive Rice has to realize that its not what's best for him. After the Ravens franchise him again in 2013, Rice isn't gonna get a great contract on the open market in 2014.

Blog Entries

Flacco obviously. There isn't anyone who is going to say sign Rice to AP money and let Joe walk. If so they haven't watched football for more than 5 minutes and have the intelligence level of a toddler.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    At the minimum we're going to have both for the next 2 seasons and yes I am expecting a deal with Flacco before he hits free agency
    Joe flacco has to realize hes not worth 14/15mil/year. But he also has to understand our cap space situation. He should know that he WILL be getting a 12 mil/year contract next year, no question. So I dont see why he should have an issue with waiting until next february for a new contract.

Blog Entries

A lot of this is just an excuse for people to predict doom and gloom for us, or seem to want an excuse to get rid of Rice for whatever reasons. I think we have a good chance to keep both past 2012. And for the last time, where the hell are people actually getting the stupid idea that Rice has even asked anything close to AP money, no one really knows anything about what Rice and his agent are asking.

Blog Entries

I love me some Rice, but this offense has to go through Flacco if they want to win multiple Super Bowls. I'm not saying that Rice won't or can't be a contributor, but Flacco is the catalyst; not Rice.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    A lot of this is just an excuse for people to predict doom and gloom for us, or seem to want an excuse to get rid of Rice for whatever reasons. I think we have a good chance to keep both past 2012. And for the last time, where the hell are people actually getting the stupid idea that Rice has even asked anything close to AP money, no one really knows anything about what Rice and his agent are asking.
    I don't have the quotes, but I had read after Arian Foster got his deal, the parameters were set and that was too low and AP was being used as the barometer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think the main problem is that it has been leaked by reliable sources that he was offered a contract and turned it down, or his agent did. Noone kows what the contract was or the real truth.

I think long term we could afford both, with Joe getting a Rivers type contract and Rice getting a Foster one. Both on par with their contributions. So who knows why this is so difficult.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I don't have the quotes, but I had read after Arian Foster got his deal, the parameters were set and that was too low and AP was being used as the barometer.
    I don't believe anything until I hear hard evidence which will be from Rice's mouth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Tony was the one who said that the Ravens offered Rice's agent the same deal that Foster had signed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I don't know how this is possibly a question. Ray Rice is the offence, without him we would not have got nearly as far in the last 2 years and that is just the truth. Besides MoJo and maybe Foster he's the best in the league. Yes I think he's better than McCoy and AP.

Flacco realistically is not that good of a quarterback. He makes a lot of mistakes that he shouldn't be making anymore, he fumbles way too much (blame it on the o-line maybe, but at the end of the day it's his responsibility). He can be great (Pittsburgh game), but he can also just shit the bed and I'm really getting sick of seeing it.

If we took Flacco over Rice (if it came down to it) I'd find Ozzie and donkey punch him. I dont know if people are hockey fans but that's about as dumb as the Senators keeping Wade Redden over Chara (irrelevant, but you get the point)

Obviously, this is my opinion, but i just cant see how people think Flacco could possibly be more valuable than Rice

Blog Entries

The rest of the AFC has answered this question already. Houston and New England were hell bent on stopping Ray Rice in the playoffs. Other than one game, Ray Rice's career playoff numbers are not great. The AFC has spoken: They will not, I repeat, will not, let Ray Rice run the Ravens to a Super Bowl.

Yes, Ray Rice has been a significant contributor to the offense and I would be happy for him if he did get AP money, elsewhere.

The reality is this: Give Joe Flacco better WRs and he can be the focal point of the offense. How many times, over these four years, have we seen Joe Flacco make clutch throws that were dropped? Do we really have to go through the list again? Give him some Coryell burners that can hold onto the ball and you will see a better Joe Flacco. Torrey Smith is one. The next one will likely join the team this week.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Ozzie always says, "Right player at the right price." I believe Baltimore is heading to only the first part of that equation.

I hate to say it, but the Raven's need to adopt the Patriot way on this one, let him walk. The NFL is too pass happy to pay that much to a back. Period.