Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 5 ints

Re: 5 ints

Most Raven fans are fine with Flacco and his wins. Losing to the bills was unsettling and 5 ints helped lose that game. But it was by only 3 points. Ravens tend to play down to lesser teams. But, we move on and finish the season with a QB who wants to win them all and has shown he wins more then loses. Ravens have never been a complete team for a whole season, it's part of the Ravens mystery. But, in the last 5 years, Flacco on the Ravens team has given Baltimore something to cheer about. Hope it continues to happen, sundays in Baltimore during the nfl season is awesome, win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The Bills were missing 3 of their starting 4 DBs and at one point Aaron Williams went out of the game making it 4 of 5. Going pass-first SHOULD have been the gameplan to start the game.
    The Bills were also I believe 27th against the run, and 30th last year. I don't disagree with the decision to abandon the run, but the fact that we couldn't run against those guys is pretty disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    On a related note, people love to say that the Ravens are 1-20 or whatever when they don't run the ball on at least 20% of their plays. That's very cute, but also VERY football-dumb!! It confuses cause and effect. Failing to run does not CAUSE losing. Failing to run is an EFFECT of losing. Teams that are behind pass much more frequently than they run in order to protect clock; teams that are ahead run much more frequently to burn clock.

If I could just get all the mouth-breathers to understand that concept it would be a huge weight off my shoulders.
    Good luck with that. I'd almost take the loss just to have Harbs hand the ball off the first 25 plays of the game. How much would you love that presser? "Geez guys, you were the ones who pointed out that we always win when Ray gets 25 or more carries. So I figured let's just make sure that happens. Not sure why it didn't work today."
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The Bills were also I believe 27th against the run, and 30th last year. I don't disagree with the decision to abandon the run, but the fact that we couldn't run against those guys is pretty disturbing.
    This is a good point. Either way, the Ravens should have been able to have their damn way with the Bills if they had a REAL gameplan that was executed properly. They could have thrown the ball all over them to run up the score, then slammed them with the run to put them out of their misery.

That might have ended up balanced, but again, the mouth-breathers would be out in force saying that the reason the Ravens won was because they "found their identity" and "fed Ray Rice." Meanwhile, in last Sunday's game Ray Rice's overall performance resulted in a -21% Win Probability Added. Ughhh....

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Good luck with that. I'd almost take the loss just to have Harbs hand the ball off the first 25 plays of the game. How much would you love that presser? "Geez guys, you were the ones who pointed out that we always win when Ray gets 25 or more carries. So I figured let's just make sure that happens. Not sure why it didn't work today."
    And here's Jamison Hensley to mouth-breathe his way all over the game...

In Rice’s career, the Ravens are 23-3 when Rice has at least 25 touches and 30-24 when he is active and does not, according to ESPN Stats & Information. When you factor in Rice's 102 yards on 33 touches Sunday, Baltimore has won 20 straight games when he has at least 25 touches.
    This is just the laziest kind of football analysis. ESPN could pay me to write ACTUAL columns instead of what Hensley has done here, which is basically the sports-talk equivalent of zombie moaning.

This year Joe is doing it WITHOUT (effectively) a TIGHT END, a RUNNING BACK, and a O LINE(look at the production) and WITH only ONE RECEIVER (Torrey). Imagine what he could accomplish with an O LINE and a full complement of NFL caliber players.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Most Raven fans are fine with Flacco and his wins. Losing to the bills was unsettling and 5 ints helped lose that game. But it was by only 3 points. Ravens tend to play down to lesser teams. But, we move on and finish the season with a QB who wants to win them all and has shown he wins more then loses. Ravens have never been a complete team for a whole season, it's part of the Ravens mystery. But, in the last 5 years, Flacco on the Ravens team has given Baltimore something to cheer about. Hope it continues to happen, sundays in Baltimore during the nfl season is awesome, win or lose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    This year Joe is doing it WITHOUT (effectively) a TIGHT END, a RUNNING BACK, and a O LINE(look at the production) and WITH only ONE RECEIVER (Torrey). Imagine what he could accomplish with an O LINE and a full complement of NFL caliber players.
    Yeah, he might win a Super Bowl with that :D ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    Imagine if Joe had an offense that Matt Ryan had last night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Imagine if Joe had an offense that Matt Ryan had last night.
    Evan Matt Ryan won't have it. Julio Jones OUT FOR THE SEASON and Roddy White still with a bad ankle. Steven Jackson not back yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Evan Matt Ryan won't have it. Julio Jones OUT FOR THE SEASON and Roddy White still with a bad ankle. Steven Jackson not back yet.
    Ouch. Falcons are done.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Anybody got a few mil laying around so that we can rent Tony Gonzalez for 14 games?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Anybody got a few mil laying around so that we can rent Tony Gonzalez for 14 games?
    omg could you imagine flacco throwing to gonzo?

The Bills game is the past. We played about as bad as possible and was still in the game until the end. The offense has had it's problems but it's still early in the season. The OL has been the key to the woes IMO thus far. Monroe is a big upgrade and they just need to work on playing better as a unit. I don't see why this OL won't improve pass and run blocking with the personnel. When that happens Joe's passing will improve and so will the running game. Pitta may return later as the last report had him on schedule to do so. Torrey is a legit #1 and a lot of folks didn't see that before the season. When the rest of the receivers get healthy Joe will have enough targets when he gets the time to find them. It's not hard to see how things are going to improve.

Concurrently, the defense is going to get better with all the new pieces that have been playing together for a short period of time. And Asa is going to return in a few weeks, he'll be a boost.

They need to be playing their best in December, and by then a lot of the problems are going to be worked out in time for a playoff run. I think most people were looking to get to the break at 4-3, and they should be no worse than that. I expect to beat the Packers and the Steelers and going into the break at 5-2. Ahead of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    omg could you imagine flacco throwing to gonzo?
    Oh man...and then Pitta comes back late December and contributes.

Repeat!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver