Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    How many super bowls have any of those guys been to without Tom Brady as their QB and Bill Belichick as their coach?

I just don't see how you can sell me the Tom Brady overrated argument. The guy's been to 5 Super Bowls in the 10 seasons he's been the full time starter. Hard to get better than that from a QB in the Super Bowl era.
    How many Super Bowls has Tom Brady won without that defense.....?
    Careful now, because if you say you can't expect him to do it on his own your supporting my point.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Media Crowning Patriots Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Peyton never played with a defense in Indy that wasn't in the bottom 10. Go look at the rosters for the super bowl winning NE teams. Some notables:

Asante Samuel
    Vince Wilfork
    Richard Seymore
    Teddy Bruschi
    Willie Mcginest
    Ty law
    Lawyer Miloy
    Mike Vrabel
    Roman Phifer
    Rodney Harrison
    Ted Washington

All pro-bowlers, some more notable than others.
    Tom Brady took the patriots to the superbowl last year with one of the worst defenses to ever play in the NFL.

You guys are so full of jealousy and envy its not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    How many Super Bowls has Tom Brady won without that defense.....?
    Careful now, because if you say you can't expect him to do it on his own your supporting my point.
    When was the last time Peyton Manning won a superbowl without a defense? If Im not mistaken, the 2006 superbowl team had the DPOY on it. With Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis in their prime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Tom Brady took the patriots to the superbowl last year with one of the worst defenses to ever play in the NFL.

One of these things is not like the other.

When was the last time Peyton Manning won a superbowl without a defense? If Im not mistaken, the 2006 superbowl team had the DPOY on it. With Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis in their prime.

Right. Did they win?
    Gotcha, so he hasn't won without that defense yet, solidifying my point. Almost doesn't mean anything, I'm sure Brady would say that himself.

I'm having a legitimate discussion, accusing me of jealousy is childish.

Or more appropriately,

"I know you are but what am I?"

EXACTLY.

So the logical procession from this tells me the more successful my defense is, the more successful my team as a whole is. And since winning a Superbowl is a team effort, the better my chances at winning! Yet somehow Brady gets all the credit. Peyton has been dominating with crap defenses his entire career falling short in the playoffs. The season they step up, he wins a Superbowl.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    One of these things is not like the other.
    Tom Brady single handedly carried his team last year, Peyton Manning did not(the year they won the superbowl). Peyton had a good year that year, but also had a much better defense than what Brady was working with.

And lastly, it is not a discussion. I cant believe people still trying to legitimately make this into a discussion. Maybe 6 years ago when he had above average #'s but 3 superbowls.

All it does is go to show that no matter how good your QB is, you have to have a good defense to win a championship.

Blog Entries

Tom Brady single handedly carried his team last year, Peyton Manning did not(the year they won the superbowl). Peyton had a good year that year, but also had a much better defense than what Brady was working with.
    Vince Wilfork in the AFCCG would disagree with you.

I beg to differ. Lee Evans sent Tom Brady to the superbowl last year.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

And lastly, it is not a discussion. I cant believe people still trying to legitimately make this into a discussion. Maybe 6 years ago when he had above average #'s but 3 superbowls.
    It's not a discussion, it's an opinion. I think he's overrated, I didn't say he wasn't good or he wasn't very good, I said he was borderline great.

He's benefited largely from a good to very good o-line and a good scheme.

All you want to do is bring stats, okay if that's the case than Brett Favre is the best ever.

Or Championships, okay than Montana and Bradshaw are tied for the best ever.

I am basing my OPINION off what I see, a guy who the majority of his career has stood behind great protection.

Look no further than Matt Cassell 11 -5 :hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It's not a discussion, it's an opinion. I think he's overrated, I didn't say he wasn't good or he wasn't very good, I said he was borderline great.

He's benefited largely from a good to very good o-line and a good scheme.

All you want to do is bring stats, okay if that's the case than Brett Favre is the best ever.

Or Championships, okay than Montana and Bradshaw are tied for the best ever.

I am basing my OPINION off what I see, a guy who the majority of his career has stood behind great protection.

Look no further than Matt Cassell 11 -5 :hammer:
    I dont know what youre talking about, but If you bring stats into the equation with Brett Favre, he is not the best ever. Does he have the most TDs?Yes, but he played into his 40's.

Hes not the best anyway regardless of stats or no stats.

Hilarious to see people STILL think tom brady is overrated.

sacked 32 times last year, 105 QB rating, still overrated.

Blog Entries

I hate the sonofabitch, but he is without question one of the greatest ever.

I dont know what youre talking about, but If you bring stats into the equation with Brett Favre, he is not the best ever. Does he have the most TDs?Yes, but he played into his 40's.

Hes not the best anyway regardless of stats or no stats.

sacked 32 times last year, 105 QB rating, still overrated.
    This.

We don't agree often but we do here.

The Brady hate is ponderous at best.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This.

We don't agree often but we do here.

The Brady hate is ponderous at best.