Page 269 of 333 FirstFirst ... 267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 3,217 to 3,228 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Let the silliness begin!

Matt Miller‏@nfldraftscout

Just watched Brandon Williams do a hand-stand and walk 10 yards on his hands. At 340 lbs. #athlete #MSSU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Let the silliness begin!
    Hahaha.

That's like JPP doing back flips.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I really wanted to slot in kelche there but I know he won't be there. What other tight end prospects could be there in the fifth?
    Good question. I see the need for a TE who can block (hence your selection of Williams, he certainly does block very well) but I don't like the idea of adding a guy who can't be a difference-maker in the passing game as well given that Dickson and Pitta are both free agents after 2013.

So, a TE who can block or has the potential to be a good blocker AND can contribute as a pass catcher... in the 5th round. Nick Kasa? Philip Lutzenkerchen? Possibly Dion Sims or Levine Toilolo if they don't work out well? It's hard to drill down into a specific round for some of those guys.

IMO the sweet spot for TEs in this draft is the 2nd and 3rd rounds... where guys like Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Gavin Escobar, and Travis Kelce will be found. Those are my top TEs and I'd like to see the Ravens get one of them.

BTW check out film on Kyle Juszczyk, FB/HB/TE out of Harvard. The Ravens have got to go and get him in the later rounds... very versatile and excellent player. Good replacement for Leach in Caldwell's offense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hahaha.

That's like JPP doing back flips.
    Brandon Williams is, no exaggeration, one of the most physically impressive players in this class. Guys who are that big are not supposed to be that quick. I suspect he will not be around in the 3rd round, TBH. If I were the Ravens I would have no hesitation at all to spend my 2nd rounder on him.

He will probably take a while to adjust to the NFL, but he doesn't need to be a full-time player at NT right out of the gate anyway. He'll rotate with Cody and come out on a lot of 3rd downs. By 2014 he will be the unquestioned starter and hopefully able to handle a full workload.

Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah on the draft

http://www.nfl.com/podcast/nfl-draft-tracker-podcast

Good stuff

Blog Entries

NFL.com has us taking Eric Reid in round 1 right now.

I wouldn't be overly excited about that, but I will say that when Eric Reid had top tiered talent around him at LSU, he was pretty solid as a deep cover safety.

At least in Baltimore (assuming he is the pick), he would have a lot of talent surrounding him. He has nice size, speed, and ball skills. Can't coach those things.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 02-20-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    Ray Rice was a need, McGahee needed a backup. Jimmy was a need. Foxworth was a dud and Webb was inconsistent and C. Williams was a PS guy. Heap was close to done so Pitta and Dickson were needs. Austin is good but I doubt he's higher than some of the defensive players on the Ravens board. It seems the Ravens always draft according to their board and need. They wouldn't draft a WR every year like the Lions, regardless if WR was highest on the board.
    I wasn't talking about Jimmy Smith. By the way, I didn't know we were in the business of drafting backup RBs in the second round. I'm sure backup RB was not a bigger need than some others that were taken care of later.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I wasn't talking about Jimmy Smith. By the way, I didn't know we were in the business of drafting backup RBs in the second round. I'm sure backup RB was not a bigger need than some others that were taken care of later.
    Didn't we draft Pierce in the 3rd to be a backup? It wouldn't be out of the question to draft a backup Rb in the second rd. This is a 2 back league anyway. We're not drafting Austin in the 1st rd. Our defense is still very much an issue.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    NFL.com has us taking Eric Reid in round 1 right now.

I wouldn't be overly excited about that, but I will say that when Eric Reid had top tiered talent around him at LSU, he was pretty solid as a deep cover safety.

At least in Baltimore (assuming he is the pick), he would have a lot of talent surrounding him. He has nice size, speed, and ball skills. Can't coach those things.
    I like Reid and think he's the best natural fit to replace Ed if Ed does in fact leave.

That said, while I like the guy and all, I can't imagine he's BPA on the board when we pick.

Then again, if we lose Reed and don't bring back Ihedigbo, we have Pollard, and a mess of IR/PS guys at Safety. So I could see a scenario (Reed and Ihedigbo leaving, and say Ellerbe coming back) where suddenly FS becomes the biggest need, as there is DL depth in the draft to help us fill at NT, or a cheap vet to play NT. So I could envision FS becoming the biggest void overall (ie -- largest gap between "talent on roster" and "quality required at position to contend").

This is a 2 back league anyway. We're not drafting Austin in the 1st rd..
    It's a 3 receiver league anyway....

And Boldin and/or JJ may be gone next year.

So the argument is the same. Like Ex said, there have been plenty of times when Ozzie has drafted BPA over need.

Blog Entries

We're not drafting Austin in the 1st rd.
    Wouldn't be so sure. It depends how Ozzie has his board setup. It could come down to where Austin is the highest player on his board.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Wouldn't be so sure. It depends how Ozzie has his board setup. It could come down to where Austin is the highest player on his board.
    It also depends on who we let go this offseason. If JJ is gone, the 3rd receiver/Returner position becomes an immediate need. Austin can do both. We know that Ozzie does factor "need" in his "BPA" mantra. So that would move Tavon higher up the big board most likely.

We also don't know what's happening with Boldin yet. Hopefully he is extended but who knows.