Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Report: Saints Kept a Ledger Detailing Payments

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Horrible word choice in "snitch", IMO.

Given that Williams already admitted it went down, I find it odd people still need "proof".

We have an admission from Williams and Loomis, now a detailed ledger.

What more do folks need?
    I don't think anybody here has denied that something was going on. What I want to know is how the NFL knew what was going on and who was involved. Williams and Loomis only recently admitted what was happening. When the NFL started the investigation they were not very forth coming. I doubt they just had a change of heart and decided to come clean. The NFL had something that forced them to come clean. What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I don't think anybody here has denied that something was going on. What I want to know is how the NFL knew what was going on and who was involved. Williams and Loomis only recently admitted what was happening. When the NFL started the investigation they were not very forth coming. I doubt they just had a change of heart and decided to come clean. The NFL had something that forced them to come clean. What was it?
    The league will be in legal soup if they come out and say person(s) X was the source. While it's not illegal to name names under Whistleblower laws, it puts whomever came forward in the uncomfortable position of being, as you put it, a snitch.

This probably came from a coach, former coach or staffer. I doubt this came from another player, at least initially.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The league will be in legal soup if they come out and say person(s) X was the source. While it's not illegal to name names under Whistleblower laws, it puts whomever came forward in the uncomfortable position of being, as you put it, a snitch.

This probably came from a coach, former coach or staffer. I doubt this came from another player, at least initially.
    hmmmmmmmmm.... Sounds a lot like....

They have to have had an informant and if that's true. We will never know exactly what the evidence was because the NFL has to protect the snitch.

yea but he wrote that in reply to you asking what the evidence was, why ask if you know it wont be revealed?
    hmmmmmmmmm.... Sounds a lot like....

Blog Entries

Re: Report: Saints Kept a Ledge Detailing Payments

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's not going to end as long as players are suing and the NFLPA is trying to stop all the suspensions. Deny, deny, deny.....
    Truth, and couple this with the fact that the NFL is fighting its battle in the court of public opinion, not in the legal system (there is is just muddy the waters, delay, deny, and motions for dismissal).

Public perception is the focus, and the leak was timed, and what was leaked carefully chosen.... I'm am sure there has been discussion/planning that Goodell comes out of this in the public eye as GOODell and not GODell, there is a blurry line between "the good of the game" vs heavy handed dictator.
    Personally, I'm starting to really lean to seeing him as a despot, and would probably be fined for typing this is he felt he could do it.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Truth, and couple this with the fact that the NFL is fighting its battle in the court of public opinion, not in the legal system (there is is just muddy the waters, delay, deny, and motions for dismissal).
    No. They have no choice but to fight it in court. How is engaging in the court process (i.e. asking for dismissal) a bad thing exactly?

And is anyone is in deny mode, it's Vilma.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Public perception is the focus, and the leak was timed, and what was leaked carefully chosen.... I'm am sure there has been discussion/planning that Goodell comes out of this in the public eye as GOODell and not GODell, there is a blurry line between "the good of the game" vs heavy handed dictator.
    Personally, I'm starting to really lean to seeing him as a despot, and would probably be fined for typing this is he felt he could do it.
    So it's ok for one side to make it a public fight, but not for the side to which you disagree with. Vilma has been tweeting non-stop about this yet it's the NFL and Goodell that's making this a public fight?

Ponderous.

Per a source to PFT, Burbank rejects the bounty grievance ...

Five days after a hearing was held on the question of whether the discipline imposed on four players connected to the Saints alleged bounty system falls within Burbank’s sole jurisdiction under the labor deal, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Burbank has rejected the players’ argument.

The four players who have been suspended (Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, Saints defensive end Will Smith, Browns linebacker Scott Fujita, and Packers defensive end Anthony Hargrove) and the NFLPA argued that, to the extent the penalties arise from alleged salary-cap violations, the CBA gives full and exclusive authority to Burbank for determining whether or not the rules regarding paying players were broken.