Page 1 of 60 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ravens Free Agent Possible Add / Drops

All things Free Agency.

Figured I would get this kicked off since FA starts up pretty soon.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Free Agent Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    All things Ravens Free Agency.

Figured I would get this kicked off since FA starts up pretty soon.
    Fixed it for ya ....

;)

Blog Entries

Here are some players I think the Ravens have a realistic shot at getting/showing interest in.

Ricky Jean Francois, DT, San Fran (interest has already been shown)
    Brad Jones, ILB, GB
    Daryl Smith, LB, Jacksonville
    Nick Barnett, LB, FA (Buffalo cut him)
    Terrence Knighton, DT, Jacksonville
    Patt Sims, NT, Cincy
    Connor Bawrin, DE/OLB, Houston
    Glover Quinn, S, Houston
    Kenny Phillips, S, NYG
    Martellus Bennet, TE, NYG
    Rocky Barnard, DT, NYG
    Glenn Dorsey, DT/DE, KC
    Sam Baker, OT, Atlanta
    Tracy Porter, CB, Denver
    Erin Henderson, LB, Minnesota

Bills apparently have some interest in Ellerbe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Bills apparently have some interest in Ellerbe
    Imagine if they stole Kruger AND Ellerbe lol

I like the Ricky Jean Francois idea. He was one player I was concerned about watching him at NFL media day before the SB. He looks very bright and played at LSU, and looks solid and mean. Dorsey was an absolute monster a LSU who underperformed.....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

This is who I want the Ravens to target in FA. Get Ellerbe signed, extend Boldin and Jones, sign Knighton, and if possible work out a 2 year deal with Ed Reed so that he ends his career as a Raven. I honestly don't think the Ravens are going to be able to resign McKinnie. Maybe I am wrong, but I just have this feeling that McKinnie is just trying to get an offer from the Ravens so that he can shop it to other teams. The Ravens would have to offer him the most money to get him to sign here, and I am not sure that they will be willing or able to pay that much.

Blog Entries

I've already said it, but I would be more than confident with Ricky playing NT here, and he'd be an instant upgrade over Cody. He looked pretty damn good in the games he started at NT in 2012 at NT, especially against the Jets (I suggest you go watch the week 4 Jets/San Fran blow out game to see how Ricky handled Slauson and Mangold in the middle pretty well). I don't understand why the 49ers weren't starting him over Sopoago, he clearly had a really down year. He's 295-300 lbs, but there are quite a few teams starting NTs that are well below the normal weight you'd expect from a NT which is 320 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

This is who I want the Ravens to target in FA. Get Ellerbe signed, extend Boldin and Jones, sign Knighton, and if possible work out a 2 year deal with Ed Reed so that he ends his career as a Raven. I honestly don't think the Ravens are going to be able to resign McKinnie. Maybe I am wrong, but I just have this feeling that McKinnie is just trying to get an offer from the Ravens so that he can shop it to other teams. The Ravens would have to offer him the most money to get him to sign here, and I am not sure that they will be willing or able to pay that much.
    I'm pretty sure Ozzie will let Mckinnie test the market. Same goes for Reed. He's not going to overpay in resigning veterans these days. Right player, right price.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

Out of all of them, I'd like Knighton the best, but supposedly Denver have interested, and would probably outbid us for his services.

Blog Entries

Paintballguy and justlovemybirds are always the dudes who are up to date with the twitter rumors/inside sources. I'm going to paying close attention to what they post in this thread over the next few weeks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ozzie will let Mckinnie test the market. Same goes for Reed. He's not going to overpay in resigning veterans these days. Right player, right price.
    I agree. I also think that Ozzie is going to take OT Manelik Watson in the first round if he is still available. I have seen a couple of mock drafts that show him going to Colts in the first round. One thing that concerns me about Watson is his age. He will be a 25 year old rookie. Maybe that is a good thing from a maturity perspective, but that could also limit the length of his career. Terron Armstead could also be an option at 32. I know some people were looking at these to OTs as second round picks, but I think the Ravens will have to pull the trigger at 32 if they want one of them. There is such a premium on OTs nowadays that I don't think Ozzie can afford to trade back to get one that could start at LT by the 2014 season.