Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Well it was ugly, but we got it done, 4-1

OK, first the obligatory "a win is a win is a win." Now that I've played the CYA card:
    The O line does not inspire confidence. Is McKinnie REALLY NOT one of our five best O linemen? Is Harewood REALLY better than B Williams?
    Going forward, quality offenses have been given clear direction on how to beat our D: run a lot, especially cut backs between the tackles, and pick on C Williams.
    Our receivers do not get open, and they still can't catch.
    I'm a fan, not a cheerleader. (GOOD game by Kruger!)

every game has its own character. one week we win 31-30, next week we win 9-6. is the Chefs defense that much better than the Cheatriots? there's some sort of individual-game mojo that most of us can't really figure out, but winners (Ray Lewis), as individuals and teams, adapt and find ways to win. I've heard that for years in sports; 'they don't know how to win yet'.
    looking ford to the Cowboys game.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    IDGAF what you can play, here's a controller. I stand by my feelings. If this win impresses you, then woopdy-doo

My memory goes back farther than 4 games
    We are 4-1 with now a game up on the division. If you wish to cry tears of "oh it wasn't a good win", then that is all you dude. I guess some are simply not happy if they can't complain and find something wrong with everything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Why does a win have to be impressive?
    Because otherwise they simply don't count. We are actually 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 right now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Why does a win have to be impressive?
    Because back to back ugly performances against horrible teams can be a precursor to major failings if the wrongs aren't corrected. Mike Tyson fired Kevin Rooney and won a few fights against scrubs even though his fighting technique had become sloppier and sloppier and weaknesses shown. Then next thing you know Buster Douglas beats the brakes of him.

But I guess I'm crazy..Ravens are perfect, they don't have room for improvement and can't be criticized, and they'll beat everybody that they face just because fans say they will

I don't know which is more annoying... the constant whining about the team not winning pretty enough, the constant whining about the coaching staff not playing the players that the whiners think is better, or the constant whining that no one "lets" the whiners whine.

Sack up dude. No on tells you that you can't be critical, we just point out when said criticisms are invalid, unjustified, or groundless.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I don't know which is more annoying... the constant whining about the team not winning pretty enough, the constant whining about the coaching staff not playing the players that the whiners think is better, or the constant whining that no one "lets" the whiners whine.

Sack up dude. No on tells you that you can't be critical, we just point out when said criticisms are invalid, unjustified, or groundless.
    :word

This post should probably get stickied.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    OK, first the obligatory "a win is a win is a win." Now that I've played the CYA card:
    The O line does not inspire confidence. Is McKinnie REALLY NOT one of our five best O linemen? Is Harewood REALLY better than B Williams?
    Going forward, quality offenses have been given clear direction on how to beat our D: run a lot, especially cut backs between the tackles, and pick on C Williams.
    Our receivers do not get open, and they still can't catch.
    I'm a fan, not a cheerleader. (GOOD game by Kruger!)
    Sorry, but Harewood was hardly worse than Oher and Osemele today. You called out the wrong dude.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Despite this team not playing up to it's potential, and fans having high expectations, the team just won today and has a game and a half lead in the AFCN. I'm sure the players who are actually playing the game would tell you that you have to take one game at a time, and they will take an ugly win any day over an ugly loss. Maybe there are concerns about consistency, however, the Ravens are finding a way to get the job done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post

Hell. To. The. Yeah!

Because back to back ugly performances against horrible teams can be a precursor to major failings if the wrongs aren't corrected. Mike Tyson fired Kevin Rooney and won a few fights against scrubs even though his fighting technique had become sloppier and sloppier and weaknesses shown. Then next thing you know Buster Douglas beats the brakes of him.

But I guess I'm crazy..Ravens are perfect, they don't have room for improvement and can't be criticized, and they'll beat everybody that they face just because fans say they will
    I agree with you but our opinion seems to be in the minority so I'm not even going to argue the point with people here.

Blog Entries

Go back to last year and look at the NY Giants when they were losing game after game. They looked horrible. But they won enough to make a run at the end of the year. It's a marathon

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!