Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Can we Leave Cam in San Diego?

It sure looked like Joe changed the call. He moved the lead blocker to the weak side. That looks like a gap change for the RB to me.

The million dollar question.

Who was calling the plays in the fourth quarter when we went no huddle and utilised the middle of the field, slants, screens etc, and the offence finally worked?

Can we leave Cam in San Diego?.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

*break*
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I VOTE YES.

Cam is 9-2! We have the 3rd best OC in the league behind Atlanta and Houston. :D

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    The million dollar question.

Who was calling the plays in the fourth quarter when we went no huddle and utilised the middle of the field, slants, screens etc, and the offence finally worked?
    Cameron was. But he always calls better plays when we have to score (be aggressive) than when there is time left. Also it helped that SD played some prevent on the TD drive (a lot of NFL teams do this for some reason).

But I agree, it is night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That might be the worst half of pro football for Joe ever.
    I think that shit fest in Jacksonville last year might have been worse, but never the less....this wasn't far off if not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    4th and inches, Cam has Rice on the sidelines and Flacco changes out of the play to the wrong side. Kinda sums up our offense this year, doesn't it?
    I think that screw up was on Flacco (minus Rice not being out there)

Not sure what the original call was, but I got to think with Leech leeding we would have gotten the 8 inches.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries
    I liked the play calling down the stretch and some key players stepped up. What a great win

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Flacco plays with confidence when he calls the plays because then he knows he is in command of this offense

When Cam is calling the game though...

On that 4th and 1 play where Pierce got stuffed, did Joe change to that play or did Joe adjust the blocking for that play?
    To me, it looked like he called it to the other side. Maybe hoping the D would swarm the strong side.

Frankly, the OL blocked like shit...so, who knows if it would have worked to the strong side anyway.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Cam is 9-2! We have the 3rd best OC in the league behind Atlanta and Houston. :D
    It is amazing we ARE 9-2 with this high school offense. You just know there is so much this offense could do with a little creativity thrown in.
    Last edited by 4G63; 11-25-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Bad decision by Flacco and not the only one, but he redeemed himself with some serious help from Rice, Boldin, Pitta et al

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    To me, it looked like he called it to the other side. Maybe hoping the D would swarm the strong side.

Frankly, the OL blocked like shit...so, who knows if it would have worked to the strong side anyway.
    The problem is that when he moved Leach over, they swarmed Leach's side, only in that case it was LEach's side minus the extra tackle. It was a clusterf*ck regardless, and you are right that the original play is no gimme considering the multiple times we have been stuffed in similar situations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    The problem is that when he moved Leach over, they swarmed Leach's side, only in that case it was LEach's side minus the extra tackle. It was a clusterf*ck regardless, and you are right that the original play is no gimme considering the multiple times we have been stuffed in similar situations.
    Yea, I mean...in that situation...why not a PA to Pitta or Bajema on a bleed out?

I don't get it. Or, why not call Flacco's number again? I mean, if you're going to forgo the points (which was dumb IMO) then at least go with the highest probability play, which in that position was either to trick them (PA pass) or QB sneak.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.