Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Have folks forgotten about Heap or Mason?

This isn't a personal decision. It's a business one, one that has always kept this team in the playoff hunt.

I'd hate to see him go just as much as everyone, but its a huge cap number and I'd hate more we hold on to big contracts for sentimental reasons rather than doing what's best for the team as a whole.

Lets wait and see how this plays out.

Re: Boldin

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Horrible decision IMHO.
    Yup, particularly now that Caldwell has figured out how to use the guy with Flacco.

Not sure what Leachs' cap hit is, but I'd sacrifice losing him before Boldin.

All in all, it's all about trying to retain Ellerbe which kind of falls on the must do level.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    A big part of me is hoping they can work out something like a 3 year contract at a more cap friendly salary; but I'd presume Ozzie would do exactly that if he didn't think Boldin's production may soon drop off a cliff.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

This isn't a personal decision. It's a business one, one that has always kept this team in the playoff hunt.

I'd hate to see him go just as much as everyone, but its a huge cap number and I'd hate more we hold on to big contracts for sentimental reasons rather than doing what's best for the team as a whole.

I was okay with Heap going... DMase was a sentimental favorite somewhat like Q...

Doss isnt ready and LaQuan & D.Reed cant replace Q..... we roll with Smith and future DWTS champ JJ?
    Let's not forget Pitta could be gone too..

I trust Ozzie, but I also panic a bit

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

5. Re: Boldin

Did Heap or Mason get cut after an extraordinary performance in the playoffs? I see what you're saying but I don't think it's the same situation. Heap and Mase were through. We just figured out how to use Boldin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I have to presume Leach is getting cut by Tuesday. Cutting him is a bit of a no brainer. Paying Leach, but not paying Boldin, would be crazy.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    A big part of me is hoping they can work out something like a 3 year contract at a more cap friendly salary; but I'd presume Ozzie would do exactly that if he didn't think Boldin's production may soon drop off a cliff.
    Perfectly reasonable and most likely Ozzie's goal.

It's all about the cap, not past accomplishments at this point.

Shitty position for sure but its decisions like this that separates the good franchises from the bad.

Looks like Tandon Doss is gonna get his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Empiresteve View Post
    Did Heap or Mason get cut after an extraordinary performance in the playoffs? I see what you're saying but I don't think it's the same situation. Heap and Mase were through. We just figured out how to use Boldin
    Teams that pay players on past performance are not in the playoffs every year.

Asking him to restructure is perfectly reasonable at this point.

Blog Entries

If you cut Q and Leach, you are gutting the offense's emotional core. This is a foolish move in my opinion. But what do I know. I do think that without Q, we would not have won the Super Bowl. And Joe would probably have thrown a few interceptions in the playoffs.

I don't much like this move.

Q said he wanted to stay a Raven or retire, I guess the question is, "How badly do you want to be a Raven?"
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I totally agree. In my humble opinion, Boldin at $6 million in potential cap savings is still worth more than Leach's $3 million cap savings.