Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This should outrage every Ravens fan.

He's obviously about as unmotivated as you can get. The team trusted him to be in minimum shape come camp and he didn't keep his word.

If this was an athlete who had a reputation of being prepared and showed up out of shape one time, then I'd agree with those who say this isn't a big deal. The problem here is this lack of even a minimal amount of effort goes all the way back to Minnesota.
    Actually it goes all the way back to Miami.

I have a friend who was a student trainer for the athletic department at The U and he was the same way back then. The coaching staff put up with it because he was talented and a man amongst boys, but he would come to meetings late he wouldn't show up to the trainer's office when he was supposed to, he would miss classes, etc. He's a typical "I'll do the bare minimum to get by and keep people off my back".
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Actually it goes all the way back to Miami.

I have a friend who was a student trainer for the athletic department at The U and he was the same way back then. The coaching staff put up with it because he was talented and a man amongst boys, but he would come to meetings late he wouldn't show up to the trainer's office when he was supposed to, he would miss classes, etc. He's a typical "I'll do the bare minimum to get by and keep people off my back".
    its a shame and a waste of talent when you consider he could be great, but even so ill take a good but under performing player this year and hope to readdress it next year. thats all im saying. bit early for that speculation but a lot feel it was possible when he was in shape/showing up.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    its a shame and a waste of talent when you consider he could be great, but even so ill take a good but under performing player this year and hope to readdress it next year. thats all im saying. bit early for that speculation but a lot feel it was possible when he was in shape/showing up.
    It is a shame and actually Greg Cossell talked about that last summer when the Ravens signed him.

Cossell said McKinnie was one of the most frustrating players he's ever seen.

Thing is, this isn't just about his weight and conditioning.

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Thing is, this isn't just about his weight and conditioning.

PP
    Certainly doesn't seem to be that way, huh?

Blog Entries

When somebody gives you a major 'dis' the tendency is to suck it up for a bit to show them!, prove them wrong!
    And we benefited from that last year with McK.
    And now the dirty laundry is coming out and we see the start of the depths of frustration that caused Minnesota to flat out cut bait.
    When we see things like that happen, like with Gaither, we sit back and say, "well, somebody will give him a chance", and we were that somebody for McKinnie.... we had a big need (remember we were trying the Murphy(s) and LeVoir(s)

If I had to guess, I would guess that he went home and put on some weight.... I get the feeling that unless someone is standing over him with a Taser, that he only puts out effort for what he wants.
    The loan is a smokescreen, he doesn't want to be seen until he drops 8+Lbs (IMO) he is gonna fail the conditioning drill for a while...
    All the activity with Steinbach and the OLmen is starting to make a lot of sense.

quote from Tony's linked article
    The Ravens really have great team chemistry and they are loaded with guys who love to play football. The aloof McKinnie doesn’t really seem to be a great team guy and he doesn’t really seem to like football.
    I think the FO is now trying to assemble the best OL possible, that McK is still in the mix (as plan B or Plan C), and it wouldn't surprise me to see a late addition from another teams final cuts, or even a late trade of cuts like we did with Pittman/Moll
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Supposedly KO completely neutralised Aldon Smith back in 2010 when they met in the same conference. If KO can do that to a guy who just recorded 14 sacks in his rookie year for the 49ers, then I don't know if Oher really is a better option than even KO at left tackle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Supposedly KO completely neutralised Aldon Smith back in 2010 when they met in the same conference. If KO can do that to a guy who just recorded 14 sacks in his rookie year for the 49ers, then I don't know if Oher really is a better option than even KO at left tackle.
    College game is very different than the pro game, but I do agree that I think there is some reason to believe that KO could become a LT for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    When somebody gives you a major 'dis' the tendency is to suck it up for a bit to show them!, prove them wrong!
    And we benefited from that last year with McK.
    And now the dirty laundry is coming out and we see the start of the depths of frustration that caused Minnesota to flat out cut bait.
    When we see things like that happen, like with Gaither, we sit back and say, "well, somebody will give him a chance", and we were that somebody for McKinnie.... we had a big need (remember we were trying the Murphy(s) and LeVoir(s)

If I had to guess, I would guess that he went home and put on some weight.... I get the feeling that unless someone is standing over him with a Taser, that he only puts out effort for what he wants.
    The loan is a smokescreen, he doesn't want to be seen until he drops 8+Lbs (IMO) he is gonna fail the conditioning drill for a while...
    All the activity with Steinbach and the OLmen is starting to make a lot of sense.

quote from Tony's linked article

I think the FO is now trying to assemble the best OL possible, that McK is still in the mix (as plan B or Plan C), and it wouldn't surprise me to see a late addition from another teams final cuts, or even a late trade of cuts like we did with Pittman/Moll
    He just seems more interested in being a music producer than playing football.

It's well known that Harbs wants guys who want to be there. He doesn't really pull punches in that regard.

Blog Entries

Oz will watch the cuts like a hawk as teams reduce their roster. I have a feeling they'll pick up someone else but no way to know who

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Lets think who will be willing to make a trade for a average to decent tackle? I can't think of any teams because they are so coveted in this league.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    at this point i wouldnt be opposed to KO or Jah competing for LT over Oher. He had his chance he blew it, and he underwhelmed last year at RT. If he had a strong year at RT id be more willing to give him another shot at LT. If it isnt McKinnie, id hope we give those two a shot.
    -JAB