Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Heroes and Goats (Bunglepalooza edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    On an uncatchable ball? Why risk the possibbility of injury?
    To make ravenjoe feel better... duh.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

It was my endzone, and I believe he should've given 200% to get that ball - the game was on the line.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    To make ravenjoe feel better... duh.
    It would not make me feel any better; but you do what you have to do to make plays and win the game.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Clayton is the last person I'd try to pin this loss on.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

I have not inferred that this loss was Clayton's fault, not at all. I'm referring to one specific play which I happened to observe in my endzone. I actually like Clayton, and hope that he someday warrants his first-round selection. No, this loss was a collective effort involving the players, and coaches. All were culpable this week.

No one is blaming the loss or even the fact that the play didn't connect on Clayton. The point is that Clayton shouldn't be called a hero just cause he got himself open on a play that missed. You could say that about every single one of our receivers at some point. That's not "hero," it's not "goat," it's just not deserving of mention.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I looked at the Clayton replay and it looked to me that he was running at full sprint when he was overthrown. Unless he's LeBron James, he doesn't have a shot at the ball, because it was a full 2-3 yds beyond his reach.

Oh well, it happens. I want to see Joe Flacco bounce back and have a great game both statistically and execution-wise against the Vikings. LET'S GO JOE!!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I looked at the Clayton replay and it looked to me that he was running at full sprint when he was overthrown. Unless he's LeBron James, he doesn't have a shot at the ball, because it was a full 2-3 yds beyond his reach.

Oh well, it happens. I want to see Joe Flacco bounce back and have a great game both statistically and execution-wise against the Vikings. LET'S GO JOE!!
    No disagreement here, my friend! I actually believe we will win the next three games. This week is an early season 'must' win, if there is such a thing; then we're coming off a bye to play the Broncos at home; and then it is payback time when we go to Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post

I think Clayton's main problem is his role, size and draft status. He is too much like Mason, and really is not built to be a deep threat. He has enough speed route running and hands to beat average CBs when all the routes are there, but when teams play cover 2 bump and run, even when he gets loose, it seems like he is just a tough target to hit at 5'10 from 20+ yards away.

The way the NFL is throwing flags for PI and hitting WRs too hard, I even think a guy like Clarence Moore, or preferably Demetrius Williams or some WR with size, would come down with a much better %age of those Flacco deep throws. Joe could use the underthrow and just trust a big guy to catch it, break it up or draw the flag a lot more often than give up a pick.

If Oz is somehow able to get a big guy with ball skills like a Vince Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, maybe bust Plax out of jail, something, I could see a WR like that getting 10 TDs in the last 10 games, and drawing all the double coverage away from Mason and Heap.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    No one is blaming the loss or even the fact that the play didn't connect on Clayton. The point is that Clayton shouldn't be called a hero just cause he got himself open on a play that missed. You could say that about every single one of our receivers at some point. That's not "hero," it's not "goat," it's just not deserving of mention.

- C -
    Never called him a hero. He got an honorable mention. The circumstances surrounding his would-be redemption merited inclusion, IMHO, not only because of the big 1st down he brought in during the drive, but the way he picked himself up off the canvas from the Pats game and set us up for the grand slam at the end. Unfortunately, Joe whiffed on that one.